PS4 HDD upgrade : Which is the best HDD to buy?

RenegadeRocks

Hi Guys,

I am about to upgrade my ps4 HDD to 1 or 2 tb HDD. What I want to know is are there any specifics regarding which HDD would fit in the ps4? People tell me that it has to be a "SLIM" version, which exactly is that?

Also, if ppl here have upgraded thiers please link to the HDD you used. I have already backed up my data and am just waiting to get an HDD and replace the old one.

One more query: Do I need to deactivate all accounts and reactivate them or will it be recognised as the same ps4 and activations would remain? For the ps3, we had to deactivate and reactivate once a new hdd was installed.

Thanx.

^ Any 9mm or slimmer hard-drive should be able to fit in the PlayStation 4 as far as I am aware.

Slim 2TB drives are not standard fare in India maybe that is why it is considerably more expensive.

No clue about deactivation of accounts, sorry.

does PS4 recognize 2 TB HDD, i have not been following the console scene too much this time around. ALso i think 1TB over a 500 GB HDD does not give you enough juice in long run, i would advise you sell the 500 GB and get the 2 TB and get it done for once and for all.

does PS4 recognize 2 TB HDD, i have not been following the console scene too much this time around. ALso i think 1TB over a 500 GB HDD does not give you enough juice in long run, i would advise you sell the 500 GB and get the 2 TB and get it done for once and for all.

Yea, I am of the same view that 1 tb will be full the moment i put it in. Considering how many games I have deleted from my 500gb hdd, if i redownload even some of them my 1 tb would be done for. Thats the reason I am leaning towards 2 tb, but find 10k a bit too high a price.

Thanx a ton ! 8.5k seems more reasonable.

What if I get it from Amazon.com? it $99 over there. How much would the customs charge, if at all? I had recieved shipments before and they didn't chage me anything at all.

Did this a month ago. Picked up a Samsung Seagate Momentus Spinpoint 2TB laptop drive. Paid 8K for the drive from Lamington Road. It's fairly easy to do. This is what I got: http://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Momentus-SpinPoint-ST2000LM003-Notebook/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431884584&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=samsung+spinpoint+laptop+hard+disk

In terms of backing up your data you'd want to do it on a drive formatted to FAT/FAT32 with the highest memory allocation size. This is crucial as it will let the backup happen over a few hours instead of a few days.

My backup is already done, took around 11 hours or so. DO I have to deactivate all accounts before upgrading? During the ps3 era, replacing the HDD was treated like a new console by the firmware and required re-activation. Is it the same for ps4?

What if I get it from Amazon.com? it $99 over there. How much would the customs charge, if at all? I had recieved shipments before and they didn't chage me anything at all.

On Amazon.com, the problem is again warranty issues and seller to seller the customs will switch up and with the new import duties on computer parts / peripherals, not sure.

Make sure that the eBay seller has warranty support / proper invoice for the same.

Yea, I am of the same view that 1 tb will be full the moment i put it in. Considering how many games I have deleted from my 500gb hdd, if i redownload even some of them my 1 tb would be done for. Thats the reason I am leaning towards 2 tb, but find 10k a bit too high a price.

100$ + shipping + possible customs. Rather use an ebay coupon of 8-10% discount, plenty of them around and get it for around 7.8k and have peace of mind for next 2 years.

100$ + shipping + possible customs. Rather use an ebay coupon of 8-10% discount, plenty of them around and get it for around 7.8k and have peace of mind for next 2 years.

Alrighty then....any hint on where I can find the coupons? Never bought anything from eBay before, been using Amazon.

Ok got a code from a friend but ebay keeps saying "This ebay code cannot be applied on this item". Does this mean the seller has blocked codes? I am totally noob on ebay. I tried anopther code from a website, got the same message.

Ya possible, usually if an item is available in deal of day, or other deal coupons do not work. Seller is at 97% rating so should be good.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived