Next-Gen Consoles Rumors & Related NEWS

Nice, its about fking time. PS3 did get universal screenshot and record/upload movies to youtube feature, but it was too taxing on RAM so they left it for developers to decide. I suppose RAM won't be an issue next gen, and Vita already does OS level screenshots.

Its more than the screenshots and in-game videos, its like the recording function STBs have.

IMO the in-game video part is harder than STB part, given how much resources FRAPS eats on PC while recording. PS3 is already used as dedicated DVR in UK with a tiny external accessory called PlayTV.

IMO the in-game video part is harder than STB part, given how much resources FRAPS eats on PC while recording. PS3 is already used as dedicated DVR in UK with a tiny external accessory called PlayTV.

Yes, they could be equally taxing.

But in case videos are recorded using the game-engine, similar to Quake3 Demo recording feature, it would be much easier.

So create the demo locally, then upload the file to a server where they are processed and converted into videos and hosted.

Yeah, I read that. The thing is, in India, when was the last time you watched TV/shows on your console via some service provider? :P

Not all console features are designed for India, neither would anyone stop themselves from doing something because they cannot cover a specific region.

Right now, 360 has many features which are only for US, market which matters most for them.

Not all console features are designed for India, neither would anyone stop themselves from doing something because they cannot cover a specific region.

Right now, 360 has many features which are only for US, market which matters most for them.

I never denied any of this :P

I'm just seeing things from an Indian perspective.

How is this in-game recording different from the halo videos where you could record your exploits and share it on bungie.net ?

Its OS level recording, so you can record everything thats happening on screen, not just specific gameplay sections. And the video format is usually MPEG or WMV etc. Its basically a separate process running in background and capturing everything thats pushed to video/audio out from GPU.

Its OS level recording, so you can record everything thats happening on screen, not just specific gameplay sections. And the video format is usually MPEG or WMV etc. Its basically a separate process running in background and capturing everything thats pushed to video/audio out from GPU.

Hmmm, then I would assume it would also come with a time limit ? Like past 20/30 mins etc ?

Looking at the way Vita is priced

1000 bucks console seems to be a reality :panic:

I changed my mind nw . . Dnt need a next gen . . W8ing till 2013 no probs B)

really we dont need new consoles.....i have just been playing infamous 2....looks stunning...i mean anything that looks as good as this is enough ....beside next year is again full ..mass effect 3,tomb raider,the last guardian,darksiders2,asura's wrath,neverdead,silent hill downpour,ff13-2,may be even the last of us....beside alan wake is also coming on pc....where is the space for next gen in here....so agree with you...infact perfect date would be late 2014.

really we dont need new consoles.....i have just been playing infamous 2....looks stunning...i mean anything that looks as good as this is enough ....beside next year is again full ..mass effect 3,tomb raider,the last guardian,darksiders2,asura's wrath,neverdead,silent hill downpour,ff13-2,may be even the last of us....beside alan wake is also coming on pc....where is the space for next gen in here....so agree with you...infact perfect date would be late 2014.

yeah I saw a lake monster the other day in Powai lake, it was like 80 feet tall and was talking in french :harhar:

Archived