The Supernatural Thread

DishuBOSS

• 4 weeks later...

strange no one has posted or discussed this thing that happened less than 2 weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0K0nBY8aMk0

That is the Pope performing what looks suspiciously like an exorcism ritual on a disabled man. Of course that was not the intention as it was just a mass rally where Pope was supposed to meet people and pray for them (PR stunt ?) and the Vatican itself has dismissed any theories of Exorcism by saying all Pope did was to offer prayers for and and on behalf of the guy, something he did for everyother person present there.

I obviously do not believe in "devil possession" and exorcism but cannot explain the incident of the video. Why did the guy act the way he did after Pope put his hands on his head ? If Vatican had arranged it they would not have denied later, also moreover a person and authority as important as Pope doesnt need such gimmicks to gain popularity.

What then ?

strange no one has posted or discussed this thing that happened less than 2 weeks ago.

That is the Pope performing what looks suspiciously like an exorcism ritual on a disabled man. Of course that was not the intention as it was just a mass rally where Pope was supposed to meet people and pray for them (PR stunt ?) and the Vatican itself has dismissed any theories of Exorcism by saying all Pope did was to offer prayers for and and on behalf of the guy, something he did for everyother person present there.

I obviously do not believe in "devil possession" and exorcism but cannot explain the incident of the video. Why did the guy act the way he did after Pope put his hands on his head ? If Vatican had arranged it they would not have denied later, also moreover a person and authority as important as Pope doesnt need such gimmicks to gain popularity.

What then ?

Clearly (and fortunately), you've never been to stuff like Art of living and Landmark forum etc.. Some people do that at the drop of a hat. Nothing special.

art of living is one epic con job. have been pursuaded by other wise well natured aunties and even some job less uncles in my locality to join this "new found badass (sic) art of living that will transform my life and what not".

art of living is one epic con job. have been pursuaded by other wise well natured aunties and even some job less uncles in my locality to join this "new found badass (sic) art of living that will transform my life and what not".

true this, all them nirmal babas and satya baba(or something like that) and all of them suckers out there, just trying to loot the bloody f**k out of your hard earned money so swiftly that you won't even know how you are giving it out or in which form, but in the end i'ts your god damn money that is being poured away in their pockets. like, u won't pour u money right away when you join the group, but later on, eventually, u will, same sh*t with bramha kumaris and other shitheads, man, and worst thing is, my mom is a follower of this p-bk, which is another bramha kumaris group, mkc inki bc jee karta bc inn logo ko kutte jaisa maru, and what boils me is that even an educated person like my mom falling for this stupidity bc. ham log amar rehenge, sat yug aa raha hain, meri gaand bc, gu khao mera bc, ghante ka amar rahenge tum log, bc tum jab maroge na tabhi main bc mutunga tumhare maut k jagah pe bc...dimaag hatate mkc :| :rant:

arent most religions like dat?

no religions have nothing in there that appreciates this, it is moronic people who prefer to be taken for a ride that do.

most religions teach the right things, I say most and not all because I only know about few of them

tru religions probably din strt of like tht ... but lately it seems like a con job to me ...

sorry if i'm hurtin ne religious sentiments but

payin priests 100s n 1000s of bucks to mouth a few words so tht u progress in your work/life is somewat same as wat art of living does, atleast in art of living they teach u yoga n stuff like tht which is useful.

and at avkash i doubt these "organisations" teach wrong things, they too probably say the same things love each other be good to each other etc etc. atleast these art of liv n others have caused any full on blood shed (yet :P)

Religion is ok as long it is a matter of faith, i mean i can understand a person who is facing tough times will look to pray, to anything or anyone just to keep its sanity. Same goes for praying or believing in a superior power (not saying god as it has many meanings) in general. But trouble starts when religion becomes a business- "do this so god will grant you that, give monies to have your wishes fulfilled", etc, and worse when religion becomes a contest- "my religion is best and all others who dont believe in it are heathens" leading to wars and blood shed, similarly forcing people to follow rigid doctrines that lead to oppressive practices, based on some lines someone wrote no one knows when and passing it off as word of God.

Now that, is a con job.

I dont believe in any religion, I like reading about origins of religion and myths around them and treat them as very good stories, that is that. I dont have problems with people having religious affinity but they should keep their beliefs to themselves and not impose them on anyone who does not want them.

• Like 3