The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tbh I will be happy if this ends up as a draw match.. England will up end near india's total, Then india should bat for at least 3 sessions.. Leaving around 70-80 overs to bat for england if they want them to bat..

at this point draw is what looks like it, and if it is a draw, it is still a moral victory for us. Atleast it will shutup quite a lot of bunch of people who were saying 5-0

at this point draw is what looks like it, and if it is a draw, it is still a moral victory for us. Atleast it will shutup quite a lot of bunch of people who were saying 5-0

+infinity.. Tbh i think we will manage to draw 2 or maybe 3 matches.. That will be our victory.. Even KP tweeted after germany WC match about 5-0 so we need to avoid that so as to shut the mouths of all those thinking that indian team will fail in england..

Still i feel its too early to comment as still 4 matches to go & even this match is not over. We just need to bat out today and 1 session tomorrow so as to end this match..

+infinity.. Tbh i think we will manage to draw 2 or maybe 3 matches.. That will be our victory.. Even KP tweeted after germany WC match about 5-0 so we need to avoid that so as to shut the mouths of all those thinking that indian team will fail in england..

Still i feel its too early to comment as still 4 matches to go & even this match is not over. We just need to bat out today and 1 session tomorrow so as to end this match..

True, but still a good show seeing the pitch, let's hope there is no famous collapse, but seeing there are no demons in the pitch we should be ok.

Just saw the score. So, England has a lead now after being 210/7. Awesome.

To be fair Dhoni sucks. If we had Pandey or specially Aaron we had a better chance of getting last wicket by sheer pace irrespective of the pitch. At least Aaron bowls yorkers. But this f**kn politics of playing Binny has showed once again the impotency of our attack.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Edited by harsh1387

It is pretty pathetic seeing how binny has been treated in thus test match. He shouldn't have been in the team in the first place but if you have selected him, at least give him a chance to perform. Dhoni has just made him bowl 7 overs. Why was he selected if you didn't want to biwl him?

Dhoni again showing why he is a cluless overseas test captain.

Where are the chushant fans now? 3 wickets for 150+...

#11 hitting us around the park. I hope we collapse now & lose this.

When you pick Jadeja & ashwin as your spinners then you don't deserve to win

These are 2 poor teams out doing each other in mediocrity

Opposite actually. It is England team which is shattered and playing with lot of pressure. They are playing youngsters and are depending on them. Their team management isn't very good at this moment. Players like trott, KP are not playing. Captain Cook is under pressure. So it is England who actually will be a happier side if it draws.

And what amazing innings they've played. Root :majesty: never seen anything like it.

Because broad was smashing them all over the park, and new ball was the reason we got him.

Agree with the Binny part though, Dhoni egoistic approach is becoming a nuisance now.

No, iirc the smashing started with new ball. Before that he was beaten by old ball few times

I donno how anything good comes when team loses :lol:

I see lot of people wants the team to lose very often because team picks someone they dont like..

It is pretty pathetic seeing how binny has been treated in thus test match. He shouldn't have been in the team in the first place but if you have selected him, at least give him a chance to perform. Dhoni has just made him bowl 7 overs. Why was he selected if you didn't want to biwl him?

Dhoni again showing why he is a cluless overseas test captain.

His 7 overs were 1 over or 2 over spells.. :doh:

Opposite actually. It is England team which is shattered and playing with lot of pressure. They are playing youngsters and are depending on them. Their team management isn't very good at this moment. Players like trott, KP are not playing. Captain Cook is under pressure. So it is England who actually will be a happier side if it draws.

And what amazing innings they've played. Root :majesty: never seen anything like it.

No..We have'nt won a test from 3 years abroad..Except Dhoni none of our batsmen have played in England before..

Both teams are under same pressure..

No, iirc the smashing started with new ball. Before that he was beaten by old ball few times

No..He was scoring freeing even with old ball..He did get beat , but very few..Got him out very quickly once we got the new ball..

#11 has made a mockery of our bowling, the tail demons have come alive.

Also as SA said we were more in pressure, just 2 out of 17 players had played before, out of the two one is chushant, and other is dhobi. I will still think we did well. England might have gone in with this kinda pitch, because they are suffering from bad form too.

#11 has made a mockery of our bowling, the tail demons have come alive.

Also as SA said we were more in pressure, just 2 out of 17 players had played before, out of the two one is chushant, and other is dhobi. I will still think we did well. England might have gone in with this kinda pitch, because they are suffering from bad form too.

n gambhir..

We should somehow play Varun Aaron..

Ishant and Shami tried to bounce and get Anderson out , but both lacked pace..

Aaron bowled decently for RCB..

Boring match since the start. Now India should make it more boring by batting all of today and tomorrow.

All said and done for the first time I can visualize an Indian series only if the team combination is correct.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Edited by harsh1387

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic