Asura's Wrath

Shadoken

God of war , dante's inferno & now Asura 's wrath , wow there there is a genre there somewhere

Anyway i will support this game just because the gameplay will hopefully have a great combat system , This would be i think CyberConnect2's first action game so i hope they get good results

But Asura looks like Raikage in super saiyan mode , damn them best look for a angry young demi god or god whatever , wont get the game new though , used would be better for this one

Africans were the first Indians.

Yeah i know but he doesn't quite look like any Indian deity with attire or anything , his many arm form kinda reminds me of God Vishnu , of course i don't hate the game but i don't get why Indians have no focus here

It's based on budhist myth not Indian myth

Buddhism is Indian myth only ,just that lot of asian countries practice Buddhism so it kinda feels like it is not Indian myth. The similarities also between Hinduism and Buddhism is a lot.

Ahhh that makes more sense now , it's totally justified , but doesn't Asura mean a Devil & not a god ?

It means a demi god or antigod...it does not necessarily mean evil i believe ...look gods are not always right and anybody standing against them is evil is also not right.....In Hindu mythology Gods have accepted making mistakes too...and faced severe consequence for that...but thats is how the world is....

In Indian myth, yes but not in buddhist myth

This is kinda wrong both see asura as more likely same only...they are against god usually.... but not necessarily evil as far as i know.

In Hinduism, the Asuras(Sanskrit: ????) are a group of power-seeking deities, sometimes considered sinful and materialistic. The Daityas and Danavas together are Asuras. The Asura were opposed to the Devas. Both groups are children of Kasyapa. However, in early Vedic religion, both the Asura and the Devas were deities who constantly competed with each other, some bearing both designations at the same time.

Asura(Sanskrit, P?li: ????; Tibetan: Lhamayin; Japanese: ???Ashura; Korean: ???; Chinese: ???; pinyin: ?xi?lu?) in Buddhism is the name of the lowest ranks of the deities or demigods of the K?madh?tu. They are described as having four heads with four faces and four to six arms.

The Buddhist asurasare broadly derived, in general character, from the wicked asuras of Hinduism, but have acquired some very distinctive myths which are only found in Buddhist texts.

There

:)

in Buddhism is the name of the lowest ranks of the deities or demigods of the K?madh?tu. They are described as having four heads with four faces and four to six arms.

This seems like the Asura in this game, minus multiple heads.

In Indian myth, yes but not in buddhist myth

As playstation said , Buddhism spread from india into the asin continents via Gautam Buddha's Son & Daughter who travelled the world , you will know this i think as you gave a good explanation below [ or you may have googled it :P ] anywho i would love to see some indian like faces there , a girl i saw in one vid was Japanese , Indian mythical cities would be a great sight to see in games

In Hinduism, the Asuras(Sanskrit: ????) are a group of power-seeking deities, sometimes considered sinful and materialistic. The Daityas and Danavas together are Asuras. The Asura were opposed to the Devas. Both groups are children of Kasyapa. However, in early Vedic religion, both the Asura and the Devas were deities who constantly competed with each other, some bearing both designations at the same time.

Asura(Sanskrit, P?li: ????; Tibetan: Lhamayin; Japanese: ???Ashura; Korean: ???; Chinese: ???; pinyin: ?xi?lu?) in Buddhism is the name of the lowest ranks of the deities or demigods of the K?madh?tu. They are described as having four heads with four faces and four to six arms.

The Buddhist asurasare broadly derived, in general character, from the wicked asuras of Hinduism, but have acquired some very distinctive myths which are only found in Buddhist texts.

There

:)

Archived