Developer: EA

Publisher: EA

Release Date: October , 2010

Genre: Sports

fifa1144c0f4a085a754.jpg

fifa1104c0f5346573e5.jpg

fifa1134c0f4a08312dd.jpg

Some Info

The first FIFA 11 details have arrived in lads mag, Zoo, which we've just run down to the shops and bought (all for work purposes, obviously).

EA says it's implemented "seismic improvements" to FIFA 11, including improved graphics, customisable audio, "massively" improved player AI and 'footballer personality'.

Addressing player complaints over FIFA 10's "ping pong passing", EA's invented "pro passing" for this year's game which allows you to control the weight of your distribution. This also means you'll want to think about the player your controlling, for example not whacking intricate through-balls with John Terry.

In fact, it sounds like EA's gone passing mad; FIFA 11 adds swerve passes, driven lobs, fancy flicks and through-balls with backspin.

Player AI is said to have improved "massively" though perversely, responding to criticism over 10's super-human stoppers, goalkeepers are now less intelligent. WTF!!

The coolest improvement though, says Zoo, is 'player personality', which means that the world's best footy players now play just as you'd expect them to.

Each player now has a defensive and attacking work rate setting, so Wayne Rooney for example runs around at 100mph hassling defenders, while Dani Alives will charge forward but might be a little slow getting back to defend.

Players are also now able to pull off their own moves depending on personality, so Carlos Tevez is full of little flicks, while Didier Drogba will use his strength to roll defenders.

Elsewhere, FIFA's visuals are said to be massively improved with ten 'body types' in this year's game compared to FIFA 10's three, plus special cases like lofty Peter Crouch.

Football will rule the world from half of the June to July, but there is no need to rest after that. During the autumn the football fever will rise up again as FIFA 11 hits stores. I already played this game: the revolution is coming!

Those players who don't have, or dont' plan to buy any consoles, may don't worry. In the last few years FIFA for PC has old engine and was much worse thant its X360 and PS3 equivalent (despite that they were called the same, FIFA 08, FIFA 09 etc.). In this year it's about to change. In EA Sports headquarter in Vancouver, despite no one said that directly, insinuatingle smiles and utterances to turned off mircophones don't leave any doubts. Pro Evolution Soccer series will gain the powerful rival in PC gaming in upcoming season.

A road to victory:

For those who were not similar with console FIFA in the last few years, here's the explanation why we are so happy. It all started in 2006 when EA Sports decided to leave its old engine and build the new one from the scratch. The biggest difference was 'unfastening' the ball from the player - those elements were animated separatly (for PES it was a standart for few years). But players had to wait one year more to get really good football game - it was then, in 2007 when FIFA took "the best football game" title back. Console players has been amazed by extremely realistic and smooth animations. There was no faking in players movement. FIFA 09 and 10 were less spectacular, but they have builded FIFA reputation on the market - FIFA 10 has been sold in millions of copies which affected the Electronic Arts giant corporation in positive way.

EA Sports trademark is to include a new game mode to new FIFA game every year. This time it's called Personality+ - a word which I heard few times during the presentation. What does it means? Honestly, not much. It's not the revolution like Be a Pro mode, but a small suggestion that EA want to improve players appearance and their behavior on the turf.

In one of the diagrams and summaries I found one interesting aspect: EA admitted that PES 2010 had much better pictured player faces. The point of that repentance was to show that FIFA 11 will be unbeatable. EA spent lots of money on 3D photography devices. The crew visited Europe where they invited the best football players to photo sessions. Result? You can use "photorealism" word without being embarrassed.

In FIFA 10 there were 3 models of players: short, medium and tall. Musuclature and fatness were added a litlle falsely, so the proportions of the body weren’t very accurate. In FIFA 11 they tripled this number, adding a possibility of creating special models.

Generally EA spent lot of time on the graphics. When you see the game first time, you may notice there aren’t any changes but actually there is a lot of them. For example, the turf. It will look better. Maybe not “more realistic” but simply better. What’s more, all players will have improved appearance, not only the top ones like Rooney or Torres. They will be able to blink, they will follow the ball with their eyes, they will look around. The clothing will change as well. It will fit to the season, during summer you will wear one cloth and during autumn another one. The socks will have 3 lenghts. What’s more, EA improved lightning system.

But to really enjoy the beauty of this game you will need… a PC!

The most important quotes for the text:

- The game is finished in 50% so far, but even now it’s very, very playable!

- You need few moment to realize that to this moment football “simulations” did half of the work for you automatically.

- There is a lot of changes in animations.

- The realism raised up dramatically!

- The Manager Mode and Multiplayer will be improved.

- You will be able to put your own music to the game.

- It will be one of the best selling computer games this year!

And the most important: Finally, the PC version will be the same as the console ones!

+ section:

- finally for PC!

- Better realism

- Much better animations!

- The game seems to be better than real arenas!

- section:

- The game will be much harder and real.

First........ B)

Terry's face is looking very awesome........ :rofl:

And 10 body types....... :( Detailed player personalities...... :)

I just hope they fix the Manager Mode properly....... It was an eye-sore in FIFA 10....... :doh:

BTW someone called Danny will be very angry....... :O:P

FIFA 11 to feature 'create-a-chant'

FIFA 11 will have a customisable soundtrack throughout the whole game including customisable chants.

Lads mag, Zoo reveals that players will be able to get together with a few mates, record a song of their choosing (whether it's 'Who The Funk Are Man Utd' or Erasure's 'Give A Little Respect') and upload it to FIFA 11 so that it fills the stands on match day.

There's not much more detail on how it will all work yet, but we're assuming EA Sports will use some crazy technology to make the chants sound like fifty thousand rather than just a single, albeit passionate bloke in his living room.

You'll also be able to set music for when your team walk onto the pitch or score a goal and for the menu screens, although we've never been disappointed in FIFA's musical tastes in the past.

Sounds like a good addition........ :rofl: Will be interesting to see how EA pull it off........ :doh:

"FIFA 11 adds swerve passes, driven lobs, fancy flicks and through-balls with backspin." expect more bugs...i think the only thing fifa has done after fifa 08 is make the game more buggy...

yest i did a back pass to my GK and he easily let the ball go into the net :bigyellowgrin:

yea in the last couple of games i have been playing in fifa10... my forward just goes n stands over the ball... sometimes even stepping over the ball.. instead of shooting :bigyellowgrin:

yea in the last couple of games i have been playing in fifa10... my forward just goes n stands over the ball... sometimes even stepping over the ball.. instead of shooting :nerves:

:bigyellowgrin: not to forget the tumbles ur plyrs have over each other in the box !!!

:cry: not to forget the tumbles ur plyrs have over each other in the box !!!

don't remind me abt that... i have never... n i mean never seen any1 else face this same issue as me :rant:

i think fifa 11 will be on similar lines of fifa 10 - same s**t improvements who no one cares, making the game more buggy...

making improvements every year to a near perfect game 2-3 years back has really reduced the gameplay experience of fifa. They keep trying different things every year just for the heck of it - giving the game a new look. if they just make a game without any bugs i think that will their biggest improvement...

and the worst part is - IT SELLS...

Archived