The Android Thread

pArth

they were extremely quick with 4.3, HTC One had the update in less then 2 weeks(while it was still being rolled out in phased manner for Nexus 4). So ya they work absolutely fine.

I know about 4.3. I had to scramble for that..especially for the one as they made deal just few days before announcing it :P

I'm waiting to see how they support it for 4.4 as two should at least give an indication of a trend.

I know about 4.3. I had to scramble for that..especially for the one as they made deal just few days before announcing it :P

I'm waiting to see how they support it for 4.4 as two should at least give an indication of a trend.

true, but if they don't update the entire concept of google phone goes for a toss..

and knowing how google has to pony up to samsung, S4 will have it ASAp

Edited by AtheK

^^ :lol:

@shanti... Yeah, like Athek said, the updates were out very quickly after the release to Nexus devices, and the One and S4 will probably have better hardware that whatever the next Nexus is gonna have :fear:

Not exactly true, but S5 google edition will be mind blowing

I just noticed that they have fixed it....

Good job, now go screw around with some more UI features...I like my Youtube redesigned every week.

:lol: I actually don't like the way they keep messing with the Maps. Though it's far less annoying than the actual website though because their non-classic version won't let me "Send to Car" :rant: or the way they changed Gmail.

BTW I don't see how you're saying the N4 has a mediocre display. Anandtech's testing showed deeper blacks and a better contrast ratio than even the iPhone 5.

Subjectively, the iPhone 5 display looks much much better than the N4 display to me. I guess it's got something to do with the color temperatures, but the N4 looks a bit dull/washed out compared to the iPhone 5.

:lol: I actually don't like the way they keep messing with the Maps. Though it's far less annoying than the actual website though because their non-classic version won't let me "Send to Car" :rant: or the way they changed Gmail.

Google Maps has a "send to car" option? :O

edit: Never mind. Apparently it does. https://support.google.com/maps/answer/75505?hl=en

"This service allows you as a BMW Assist subscriber to use MyInfo to send business listings and street addresses found in Google Maps to your vehicle: Simply search for businesses or street addresses on Google Maps and send the listing to your BMW."

Edited by Somebody

Google Maps has a "send to car" option? :O

edit: Never mind. Apparently it does. https://support.google.com/maps/answer/75505?hl=en

"This service allows you as a BMW Assist subscriber to use MyInfo to send business listings and street addresses found in Google Maps to your vehicle: Simply search for businesses or street addresses on Google Maps and send the listing to your BMW."

I use it with my BMW all the time (since I have the Navigation package) and when they tried to bump me over to the stupid new maps interface I reverted to Classic maps.

There's also a third party app on the Play Store that allows you to do the same thing with the phone's maps which breaks each time they change it :/

Guys... The microphone volume on my HTC One is really low for VOIP calls. My friends complain only when I use Fring or Vonage or some other app to make VOIP calls. The normal GSM calling seems to be loud enough.

This could all be due to the apps or the One, but is there any way I can use Tasker or something to increase the microphone sensitivity/loudness when I open these apps? I'm rooted btw.

@gaurav... yeah. That's a problem with most third party apps. Hopefully they'll fix it soon :console:

@gaurav: lol why go all ape sh*t when no one even compared two phones :rofl:

Nexus 4 was a mediocre phone at best, the best thing was the Timely Support and Price. The screen was mediocre, the proc was decent, camera is bad. The HTC one and S4 google edition are the real beast, and i am not sure if Nexus 5 would be close to G2. G2 is a flagship device, just like how optimus G pro was(better screen, better camera, better proc).

Nexus 4 is also 12k cheaper than the phones you mentioned bro.. At this price, there is no other option IMHO

Ok, so I see you mentioned price.. Still I dont think there is any point in comparing 2 phones which are so far apart in cost.. Nexus 4 is mediocre compared to one yes.. But it isnt mediocre considering the cost..

Edited by _Hellsboy_

Nexus 4 is also 12k cheaper than the phones you mentioned bro.. At this price, there is no other option IMHO

Ok, so I see you mentioned price.. Still I dont think there is any point in comparing 2 phones which are so far apart in cost.. Nexus 4 is mediocre compared to one yes.. But it isnt mediocre considering the cost..

Agreed, it was just when gaurav started comparing it with iPhone. I still maintain and agree Nexus 4 is a great VFM money. It's more like you get what you pay for, and Google has done a great job in subsidizing it.

Agreed, it was just when gaurav started comparing it with iPhone. I still maintain and agree Nexus 4 is a great VFM money. It's more like you get what you pay for, and Google has done a great job in subsidizing it.

Iphone? Meh.... Why insult an android phone comparing it with that brick?

*runs away*

• Like 2

Guys... The microphone volume on my HTC One is really low for VOIP calls. My friends complain only when I use Fring or Vonage or some other app to make VOIP calls. The normal GSM calling seems to be loud enough.

This could all be due to the apps or the One, but is there any way I can use Tasker or something to increase the microphone sensitivity/loudness when I open these apps? I'm rooted btw.

@gaurav... yeah. That's a problem with most third party apps. Hopefully they'll fix it soon :console:

They did pretty quickly. I just hope Google doesn't keep breaking it all the time.

I made an iPhone joke and followed up with a wishlist of things from other Android phones. Read it again. I wasn't comparing it to the new iPhone. :doh:

Well Sundar Pichai is an IIT alumnus.... soooo maaaaaaaaybe :scratchchin:

A long shot though :P

It'll probably be Lollipop or Licorice or something. They could call it Android 5.0 L*** for all I care really as long as the OS is good.

Edited by Solitaire