The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh man. 7 ODIs is just :doh:. I don't think even the players would have enough motivation to play with 100% intensity towards the end. 3 T20s, 5 ODIs and 3 Tests would have been a much better option.

Oh man. 7 ODIs is just :doh:. I don't think even the players would have enough motivation to play with 100% intensity towards the end. 3 T20s, 5 ODIs and 3 Tests would have been a much better option.

True that. ODI's are now just the unwanted but neighbor in the room that has come over to pay wishes in the holidays and family gathering and is now showing no inclination to go away, making it awkward for everyone else. Tests are good, they have the history, mysticism and if played on proper pitches, can give an absolute spectacle of sport- fast bowlers making batsmen hop like clueless bunnies, batsmen making epic partnerships, tailenders holding on to dear life to avoid follow on or a defeat in the 5th day with 10-12 overs remaining, etc.

T20 packages it in a neat little format that does not take up much time of the viewer and is generally exciting.

ODIs are just :| They stick around for 8+ hours without offering the drama of Test cricket. Middle overs are yawn worthy and they are trying to re invent the wheel by tinkering with field restrictions which are effective in only one thing, harming the bowlers more.

People say India is the world champion in both ODI formats so the format should not be disregarded; I say lets give ODIs a graceful retirement, sealing India as the last holders of WC and CT trophies :D

This is the weaker of the Ashes that we have been seeing all these years. The Aussie Team is just Laughable!

At Max. what they can do is draw. Thats it!

The Best Ashes was when Australia went to England with their Full Strength and England defeated them under MV's captain ship was pure awesome. Aus has Mcgrath/Warne/Gilly/Punter/Haydos... still they lost to England. Thanks to the New Born Genuine All-Rounders at that time... Flintoff/KP.

THAT ashes was epic

Just gonna leave this here..

Yup, the second test, day 5. This still gives me goosebumps. Had australia won this from seemingly impossible situation they'd have, apart from going 2-0 up, deflated england's morale to a crushing level.

The moments after the final wicket, flintoff consoling lee :majesty:

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic