Journey

HundredProofSam

Journey

Developer: thatgamecompany

Publisher: Sony

Platform: PS3/PSN

Genre: Adventure

Release: 2011

The pioneers that brought you the award-winning PlayStation®Network titles flOw & Flower® are back with another title that challenges traditional gaming conventions. With Journey, thatgamecompany (TGC) continues its tradition of delivering simple gameplay and accessible controls in a rich interactive environment that invites players to explore and experience emotional chords that are still uncommon in video games.

An exotic adventure with a more serious tone, Journey presents TGC’s unique vision of an online adventure experience. Awakening in an unknown world, the player walks, glides, and flies through a vast and awe-inspiring landscape, while discovering the history of an ancient, mysterious civilization along the way.

Journey’s innovative approach to online play encourages players to explore this environment with strangers who cross their path from time to time. By traveling together, they can re-shape the experience – creating authentic moments they will remember and discuss with others.

Key features

Intuitive controls and experience –Players with differing skill levels and/or moods can experience the game at their own pace.

Lush and expansive environments – Grand landscapes filled with dynamic sand and cloth. Fully simulated sand dunes ripple and slide as players move across them.

Fresh online adventure – Players explore a mysterious world, discovering its hidden history. People are free to travel alone, or adventure with strangers that they meet along the way.

1405922-waterfall_2_super.jpg

1405920-rocks_super.jpg

1405918-mountain_2_super.jpg

1405917-motion_1_super.jpg

1405916-desert_super.jpg

1405915-bridges_2_super.jpg

The Kotaku preview answers the most important question.

Players, as the spindly character wearing a red robe, can walk, run and jump around the world. They can "surf" down sand dunes, ride waves of rippling sand and even draw sketches in it with their feet. Chen confirms that people have already drawn penises in Journey's sand.

and features some retarded things

It was further inspired by the works of Joseph Campbell and a lunch with astronaut Charles F. Bolden, Jr. Bolden, says Chen, relayed stories to the game designer about the spiritual awakenings of some of his Space Shuttle colleagues—previously "hardcore atheists"—after having spent some time on the moon, seeing Earth from such a great distance.

Woah!!!

Looks a bit like Lucidity in the Sahara.

i was thinking about which game i had played had similar kinda of looks...and there you said it...I played lucidity quite some time back on steam but then mass effect 2 and others kept me busy...its been 2-3 months now since i opened steam . :bigyellowgrin:

Looks beautiful. Damn, I still haven't played flower.

Koi mujhe US PSN sharing team me lelo. :bigyellowgrin:

Flower was an awesome experience, its one game I bought directly without any sharing teams and worth the price.

Flower was an awesome experience, its one game I bought directly without any sharing teams and worth the price.

Yeah I guess I'll do the same. I am just a bit lazy hunting for PSN cards. Here's a quickie: Will a PSN card I buy from Praashant work on my US account?

Yeah I guess I'll do the same. I am just a bit lazy hunting for PSN cards. Here's a quickie: Will a PSN card I buy from Praashant work on my US account?

Yes , just buy a 20$ US PSN card and redeem the coupon code inside ur ID Account Information. :D

Edited by Joy