Deadpool

Snake

MvC stuck to its comic roots , I guess in this game they wanna make it more mature title like the Batman games.

The batman games are the fine representation of the batman world , dare i say those are even better than nolan films , the dark knight trilogy is too too dark & makes batman feel more gloomier than normal & the tension is soo over dramatic that the phrase " boy you can cut this tension with a knife " seems to be of a adam & eve time period

Marvel should stick to it's character roots & make games that truly do justice to the character like Avengers did , just make the game open world & don't change anything , if spiderman shattered dimensions was open world it would have been Day friggin 1 GOTY

Deadpool doesn't need to be an open world game. Unlike Spider-Man his character and abilities aren't really suited for an open-world game. It must be a linear action game with distinct levels/missions and epic end-of-level boss fights with familiar Marvel characters.

Also for the record, Shattered Dimensions was a nice break from the other open-world Spidey games. It was exactly what was needed to break the monotony after Web Of Shadows and the lacklustre Spider-Man 3. Now, Edge Of Time... not so much.

why don't you just say it. Open-world spiderman game SUCKED. Spiderman 2 (PSone) was the best spidey game and it was very linear. Great game that.

No I didn't mean that. To do justice to Spider-Man's abilities you need to give the player freedom to explore. Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and Web Of Shadows were all good games. Spider-Man 3 was mediocre (typical movie tie-in). Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions felt refreshing because it featured a different concept.

Spider-Man 2 was on PS2/Xbox/GC btw and it was open-world.

Spider-Man (the game that came along with the first movie) is what you're talking about.

why don't you just say it. Open-world spiderman game SUCKED

Well NO. Spider-man 2 on PS2 is awesome and considered as best Spidey game of all time. Web of Shadows was GREAT and Amazing Spider-man is pretty good.

And Shattered Dimensions had pretty big levels, especially Ultimate Spider-man levels. Imagine entire SD game with linear levels tied into an open world like Batman Arkham City, and the City will have infinite crime and web swinging like Web of Shadows. Only when you reach story mission markers, you switch to Spider-man of required dimension and play the game like SD already is. That would be the BEST SPIDER-MAN GAME EVER.

Spider-Man (the game that came along with the first movie) is what you're talking about.

He is talking about 2nd Spider-man game on PS1. IIRC, there were 2 Spider-man games on PS1, and both were great. One was Enter Electro, forgot the other's name.

Deadpool doesn't need to be an open world game. Unlike Spider-Man his character and abilities aren't really suited for an open-world game. It must be a linear action game with distinct levels/missions and epic end-of-level boss fights with familiar Marvel characters.

Any game shines in an open world or at least some sandbox environment , make all the games like that i say , buying a game for $60 just to play for 12 hours at max is suited for rich folk , most of of us crave for more of what we love like skyrim or very least arkham city with at least some freedom , gone are the days of cheap , short & fun cartridge based games , spending money on a 13 hour or so game is a nightmare for me , it may be due to i am not doing a job right now but still , living in india is already costly as it is :(

Shattered Dimensions had pretty big levels, especially Ultimate Spider-man levels. Imagine entire SD game with linear levels tied into an open world like Batman Arkham City, and the City will have infinite crime and web swinging like Web of Shadows. Only when you reach story mission markers, you switch to Spider-man of required dimension and play the game like SD already is. That would be the BEST SPIDER-MAN GAME EVER.

Mere bhavanaoko koi toh samjha :hug:

Spider-Man(PC) followed by its sequel Spider-Man2:Enter Electro(PS1) = my childhood

the best spidey games ever made. Enter Electro was the sole reason I bought PS1............... these two were totally Excelsior!!

this theme till date echoes in my mind whenever I see a Spidey game only hoping that they wud re-create those glorious days of my childhood

screw movie-based, gta open world, I just want that good ol' Spidey game back, true to its roots. I just want the story true to the comics...........golden age, silver age anything..............but true to its comic-book counterpart

Open-world spiderman game SUCKED. Spiderman 2 (PSone) was the best spidey game and it was very linear. Great game that.

+infinity gauntlet

btw sry for the OT, couldn't resist that nerd factor inside me :bigyellowgrin:

Any game shines in an open world or at least some sandbox environment , make all the games like that i say , buying a game for $60 just to play for 12 hours at max is suited for rich folk , most of of us crave for more of what we love like skyrim or very least arkham city with at least some freedom , gone are the days of cheap , short & fun cartridge based games , spending money on a 13 hour or so game is a nightmare for me , it may be due to i am not doing a job right now but still , living in india is already costly as it is :(

That is just stupid , Linear games have tons of advantages like better thought out puzzles,level design and boss fights .Deadpool would shine in a DMC styled action game , he is suited for that role .

Also you talk as if linear games have no replayability over open world games. Id rather play 10 well designed stages 100 times instead of exploring some snooze fest sandbox with copy pasta environment. Games dont HAVE to be sandbox to be better , linear games can be good too.

Spider-Man(PC) followed by its sequel Spider-Man2:Enter Electro(PS1) = my childhood

the best spidey games ever made. Enter Electro was the sole reason I bought PS1............... these two were totally Excelsior!!

Was that the one where we had the basic wall crawling tutorial at night then following my thugs trying to beat use & we have to extinguish some fire , i don't remember all the stages , but did it have the bomb defusing & we had to stop some plane from crashing ?

Coz i don't remember now which game i am talkin'bout but i loved it

No I didn't mean that. To do justice to Spider-Man's abilities you need to give the player freedom to explore. Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and Web Of Shadows were all good games. Spider-Man 3 was mediocre (typical movie tie-in). Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions felt refreshing because it featured a different concept.

Spider-Man 2 was on PS2/Xbox/GC btw and it was open-world.

Dude, I have played spiderman 2 on my PSone. I am talking about the game which had Electro as main boss and there was sandman and other villians. I am pretty sure that both game came before the movies.

EDIT: Darkniks my friend :hug: bro hi five B) you've played best spidey games :hug:

Post of the year!

Btw, open-world are of different types. First there is GTA/saints row/Spiderman(PS2) type of open-world (I personally hate them) where you can talk or kil anyone and there are hundreds of side-quest. Secondly, there are Darksiders/POP(2008) type of open-world (they are petty much linear) where there are no talkable character and no side missions, anything that moves is your enemy but you can go any place you want. Then, there is Assassins Creed/Batman:AC type (I love them too) and finally, there are RPGs which are all awesome!

That's a very wrong theory. Not every game needs to be open-world. In fact forcing an open-world into a game that doesn't need it is one of the worst things a developer can do (see Rage). What you're talking about is exploration. And that was a part of the original Doom back in the day as well. It's all to do with intelligent level design. Blame shooters like COD which set you on a linear A -> B path. Or worse, ask you to "follow" someone throughout the game.

A game can be linear with set levels and still have enough content to give you your money's worth. See Half-Life 2.

Dude, I have played spiderman 2 on my PSone. I am talking about the game which had Electro as main boss and there was sandman and other villians. I am pretty sure that both game came before the movies.

I stand corrected. Haven't played those games.

But trust me if the tech was available and the PSOne was powerful enough those devs would have tried to give you more freedom with the webslinging.

^^But they didn't and lets just say they accidently made the Best spidey game, both spiderman 1 and 2 were great games. Btw, you never played the best spiderman game and second best spiderman game :O SP2 was also available on PC and it was a good port IIRC. Yes, they were very unrealistic (like webswinging in the sky lol) but awesome.

Archived