Dark Souls

Shadoken

I just got the lordvessel and I want to join the darkwrait covenent, is there a way to do so without upsetting Frampt?

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Darkwraith use the wiki when in trouble

Kill Great Grey Wolf Sif and receive his ring, Covenant of Artorias, which will allow you to access The Abyss U HAVE TO WEAR THE RING TO GO TO THE ABYSS else u die- (you will have to do this even in New Game+, as the game takes away the ring upon completing the game.)

2. Branching path:

• Path A

Do not speak to Frampt after obtaining the Lordvessel and DO NOT PLACE it on the firelink altar. Then speak to Ingward (NPC with red wizard armor) in New Londo Ruins to receive the key to open The Abyss. You can trade with Frampt all you like before you acquire theLordvessel. After joining the covenant, Frampt will disappear. Note:If you accidentally speak to Frampt but have not yet placed the Lordvessel, you can still use Homeward even though Frampt won't let you leave.

• Path B

If you wish to join the covenant before obtaining the Lordvessel, you may kill Ingward (since u have it dont kill him ) to receive the key to open the door to The Abyss.

3. Entering The Abyss starts the battle against the Four Kings. Defeat them to proceed.

4. Speak to Kaathe, the primordial serpent, at The Abyss. You will have the option to Enter Covenant.

Ok, so does anyone on the PC have a spare Soul of Sif and either the soul of Smough or Orenstien they dont plan on using? I am going for the all weapons achievement and dont wanna do NG++ or something just to get those boss weapons.

Also need a volunteer for the fight against Seath. I can beat him with eyes closed and hands behind my back but I cant cut his tail off no matter how much I try. My Character will be SL 55ish when I get to him . Anyone in range? I just need you to tank him and do no damage. :P

So after 20 days i have started my journey again today.... started from where i left...

ORNSTEIN & SMOUGH !!!

These monster's seems real challenging to me....don't think i will be able to defeat them

Help guys !!! :(

I have a strength build character with NO long ranged weapons up my sleeve...

How to defeat these monsters?? :(

Summon solaria. His summon will be on the staircase near the silver knight.

After you enter the boss battle with him, there are two ways to go about it. One you can fight with him and focus on one guy, but keep an eye on the other. Or you can let both of them go on him, and then pick one off by double handing your best weapon.

Go for the dragon slayer first and the powered up executioner will be much easier. If you have some dung pies you can easily poison them. Try to summon at least one other player for this fight.

• Like 1

Ok, so does anyone on the PC have a spare Soul of Sif and either the soul of Smough or Orenstien they dont plan on using? I am going for the all weapons achievement and dont wanna do NG++ or something just to get those boss weapons.

Also need a volunteer for the fight against Seath. I can beat him with eyes closed and hands behind my back but I cant cut his tail off no matter how much I try. My Character will be SL 55ish when I get to him . Anyone in range? I just need you to tank him and do no damage. :P

Check PM in a few mins :)

So after 20 days i have started my journey again today.... started from where i left...

ORNSTEIN & SMOUGH !!!

These monster's seems real challenging to me....don't think i will be able to defeat them

I didn't notice which platform you're on, but if you are on PC any one of us can help.

If you're on a console, go for a random summons and Solaire (both if possible). I think O&S is one of the most popular bosses in Dark Souls and there are always people ready to help beat them.

If you have pyromancy, it can be very helpful against them.

For the easier fight, go for Ornstein first as Beelzebub said. Lock on to him immediately as soon as you enter, then attack after dodging him. Smough's attacks will be easy to dodge by just rolling backwards. Use the pillars to heal in between. Obviously have at least 10 flasks for the fight.

• Like 1

Summon solaria. His summon will be on the staircase near the silver knight.

After you enter the boss battle with him, there are two ways to go about it. One you can fight with him and focus on one guy, but keep an eye on the other. Or you can let both of them go on him, and then pick one off by double handing your best weapon.

Go for the dragon slayer first and the powered up executioner will be much easier. If you have some dung pies you can easily poison them. Try to summon at least one other player for this fight.

I think i need to be in human form to summon solaria.I dont have humanity right now,so kinda stuck here.

Is there any way i can gain humanity in anor londo itself..I dont want to track my way back to previous levels. :(

Thanks for help ...appreciate it !!

@elessar-- Bro,i am playing on x360.& i dont have GOLD subscription right now.So,can't really take help from other players.:(

& i don't have pyromancy.ONLY thing i have is GREAT SOUL ARROW,which seems futile to me coz it takes lot of time to execute. :(

You can gain humanity by just killing enemies in any area while the Area Boss is alive.

So kill the silver knights and other enemies in the area a few times and you will get one humanity. Process can be repeated.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

You are kinda boned if you are looking for humanity from Silver Knights. :P

The fight is doable solo. Its just a total and utter bitch for a first timer. Watch some Youtube videos, you can pick up attack patterns really well from them. After that, go at them.

You will still die a bunch and probably rage quit at some point.

But know that it is doable. And its the hardest fight of the game. So once you are through those two f**kers, the game is your bitch basically. :dwarf:

• Like 1

ORNSTEIN & SMOUGH !!!

I usually summon players from other world after couple of tries and stay alive till the very end..

For ORNSTEIN & SMOUGH, the best place to summon is near the closest bonfire.

btw i have like 50 humanity :pulpfiction:

Edited by sudarsan

I don't think you get humanity from the knights. Only from the painting guardians. Easy farming spot is above the second bonfire and near the enterence to painted world.

Btw, how do I make an uchi+15. My final weapons are going to be furysword, uchi+15 and lighting iaoto/uchi.

Also can someone recommend some good spots for solid humanity farming?

• Like 1

Edit - Never mind, another page indicates that the painting guardians are better to kill for Humanity. You are correct :hi:
Although, I myself got a humanity from roaming around in the knights part of AL yesterday.

For farming humanity, the rats in depths and the baby skeletons in tomb of giants are good options. Equip Covetous Gold serpent ring and have a soft humanity for good results.

Edited by Elessar

^^ Yes. Before killing the boss of any area, we can farm humanity. But it take a long time. Best place for humanity is Depths. Just equip serpent ring and have atleast 5 humanity in your meter (10 humanity for best results).

To upgrade uchi from +14 to +15, you need titanite slab. Very very rare drops. You will get one from stray demon. You can also farm slabs in New Londo Ruins from the darkwraith enemy.

• Like 1

i have soul of smough u can have it

Oh my god, f**king Priscilla you bitch.

Took me the best part of an hour to get her tail. I kinda f**ked up cause I should have hit her tail with Great combustion while she was still not aggro'd but I mistakenly hit her body instead. After that, it took like a bazillion tries cause she would be invisible as soon as I entered. Finally got her after an infinity!

Edit That Crown of dusk might be super useful but it makes the character look like a pussy. :lol:

Edited by Aftrunner