The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BTW..

Now that the test series is over..
I think for the next ODI series Pujara is a must in the team..Last series he should hv played , but R.Sharma played instead of him..
He scores at a quick pace too plus has a steady head and can hold the innings together from one end..

He should bat at no 3 , Kohli at 4..

Edited by silentassassin

Unlucky Rehane, I think his last test or even last intl match this year. Getting test cap from Bhajji is no smaller panouti.

:lol:

yeah but rahane looked totally uncomfortable. even in ODI's i found him to be a very nervy batsman but thought it maybe due to his getting limited opportunities where he knows that he has to prove himself. agreed that this wasnt the best wicket to make debut on, plus being on bench for 18 months & seeing many others jump the que wont have helped but still he looks not quite a finished article & temperamentally suspect. would still be fair to him & give him few more more matches still. but i hope selectors bring raydu into the fray. he looks temperamentally very sound.

Bore match.
Bloody abs minefield of a pitch. This is certainly not what should have been done.

are you kidding. it was 1 of the most exciting matches. agreed that it shouldnt be the standard & is a bit of a lottery but once in a while matches like these are good fun (especially if we win :smokey: )

MOTM is def SRJ for me, he scored a 42 as well. MOTS should be Pujara i think

i felt MOTM should've been pujara the 82 he made was equivalent to 150+ on a decent pitch. its just that he made the pitch look good so he made the target look easier than it was. shudder to think what would've happened if he was out early. on a pitch like this its expected for a spinner to take wickets but its the batsman who have to do the hard work. Pujara looked like he was batting on a different wicket from everyone else.

& really he's so good, isnt he? have no doubts that he'll do equally well abroad. infact he'll do better as i get the feeling he's more vulnerable to spinners than pace. the next 10k+ runs scorer easily if he keeps fit

BTW..

Now that the test series is over..
I think for the next ODI series Pujara is a must in the team..Last series he should hv played , but R.Sharma played instead of him..
He scores at a quick pace too plus has a steady head and can hold the innings together from one end..

He should bat at no 3 , Kohli at 4..

kohli's made 3 his own. pujara can open with dhawan/vijay. he's shown he's a quick scorer & also opening doesnt faze him. only worried abt his running between wickets/fielding in ODI's. also with his dodgy knee maybe he's better off lengthening his career playing only tests. plus that way he doesnt risk his game becoming tainted by demands of LOI cricket

this was the 1st time i've felt that sachin should retire. after making that crucial 81 in 1st test he hasnt done anything else. he's now gone 2+ years without a test 100 & had one of the lowet avg's/aggregates of top 6 in this series. you cant say he's out of form too since he's made runs galore in domestic circuit & he looked good in the 1st test. but after that he lost his fluency & run rate always dropped drastically when he was at crease. at times he looked real bad. even in the last 2 tests he had no footwork & was constantly stuck in the crease. only thing abt him being around is his experience in int'l tours which well help younger batsmen Edited by filmguy
  • Like 1

Guess SA tour will be his last, probably if he bats well they might want him to carry on for NZ and Eng tour, but this could very well have been in his last match in india. I hope BCCi can fit in a small 2 test series in India and he can retire in front of Mumbai crowd. All the cool if the series is with pak.

And yes, pujara should avoid ODI till his knee recovers fully. He could do the kind of a job that Amla does for SA. He has that potential. But for his own career's sake he needs to take care of his knee first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Guess SA tour will be his last, probably if he bats well they might want him to carry on for NZ and Eng tour, but this could very well have been in his last match in india. I hope BCCi can fit in a small 2 test series in India and he can retire in front of Mumbai crowd. All the cool if the series is with pak.

Ya the Mumbai test vs England was a disappointment. Went in to see his last test at Mumbai and had to buy tickets in black! Instead got to see a disheartening albeit superb century from KP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Pujara should get his knee fixed for good...
He should'nt open imo..Bat at no 3..Both in Tests n ODI's...

Also IPL in a week :wOOtjumpy:

Yea..He should retire in Mumbai..

Sachin has to play SA tour..We need him there..

My top 4 prediction for IPL :P

1: CSK

2: RCB

3: KKR

4: KXIP/MI

Rest of the teams dont have good teams.

DD: Will definitely struggle this year all the players are injured or out of form.

RR: They look good on cards but dont think they will click this year.

PW: I think they will end up at 5th place.

SR: New team will take time to settle.

Just my opinion. lets see how it goes.

Edited by TAZ

Clarke out of the IPL, saved for the Ashes

Huge blow to Pune.

Source: Cricinfo.

Adam Gilchrist is going to play this year. He is Kings XI Punjab's skipper.

:punk::clap3:

Edited by TAZ

My picks..

RCB

MI

KKR

CSK

PWI has a chance of qualifying..They have a very good team , they need a good captain..

Even Pujara will be out for 3 or 4 games for RCB...

Dont forget KXIP, they have ended up on 5th position in last 2 seasons. They cant win thier last game both times, hopefully this time they will make it

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic