Import help for All Legal ways of getting Games

I just checked my email and today they have emailed me

telling me again that my order has been processed and gave me the reference of the airline.

Are they retards ? Why the f**k did they tell me then on 28th that my order was processed and shipping has been done through Internation Air Mail.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Help needed

If I order a game online and get it delivered at my relative's place in US, what would be the best (optimal) way to get it shipped from their to India?

Thanks a lot fellas

Cheapest option to ship from US to India would be USPS First Class Mail International Package Service - $9.85 for 1 pound package - http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.as...mp;O=0&sd=1

If your package exceeds that weight, use this calculator to see the various options - http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.aspx?Mode=I...e&CID=10197

Flat Rate boxes can be cheap option too but the shape of the box is fixed and the weight it can carry is also limited.

If there is any other cheap option that somebody knows in this forum, please let me know as well. I have tons of stuff lying in different cities of US. My hope always rests on one of the cousins/friends visiting India. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a budget of around Rs.18000 and i want to buy a xbox 360 pro 60gb which cost around 23000 here.

can i import it and what will it cost then if i want to import a xbox 360 60gb

I am totally zero in importing any thing i don't know how to pay, is it safe or not,when to pay,what about warranty .

plz reply i will be waiting for it.

I have a budget of around Rs.18000 and i want to buy a xbox 360 pro 60gb which cost around 23000 here.

can i import it and what will it cost then if i want to import a xbox 360 60gb

I am totally zero in importing any thing i don't know how to pay, is it safe or not,when to pay,what about warranty .

plz reply i will be waiting for it.

get the new arcade console and buy the HDD after, even a 20gb hdd is enough, since arcade consoles are new jasper & hdmi & 1+ 2 years rrod warranty also

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is old, but I have an urgent query related to what Dienekes asked on Nov 28 2008.

I asked a friend in California to buy 3 blu ray discs (Dark Knight, Transformers and Iron man) as well as one game (MGS4) from Amazon which he has ordered and will soon be on its way to him. Total value is $96.

What I want to ask is how best to ship it to me?? I'm planning to use USPS' first class international airmail (the slowest option perhaps), but time doesn't worry me. I would like to ask whether the package should be marked a gift or not and whether it should be put in an envelope or in a package?? total weight is around 19 ounces , so I suppose shipping is around $12.

I live in Chennai, so how best can I avoid paying customs duties on the 96 dollar value ;) ?? Leave the value and contents of the packet undeclared?? Or declare it all on the envelope?? And should I insure it (for which I would have to declare value too) ?? I know there's a lot of queries in this one post but please help.

^If its undeclared, it might be confiscated at customs. Marking an item as gift does not necessarily mean that customs will let it go. The rule is to let it go, but they also know its a loophole and might open and see the package. Either way a customs declaration letter will be required when your friend sends it from USA otherwise US post wont send it. That letter is referred here in India. At 96 dollar price, there is a good chance you could be slapped with duty

so how exactly should i send it, I'm just getting more confused than I was before.

Are you saying there's absolutely no way to avoid customs duty when shipping stuff to India via post??

I was able to receive a programmer kit (value not declared on the cover) worth around $40 just 3 months ago from a friend who sent it from Purdue via USPS (without it being seized by customs and in just 5 days after sending by USPS first class airmail). Package would have weighed around the weight of 2 dvd boxes. So is that the way to send? or how should I have it sent??

And are the items I've mentioned dutiable, what with the total being under Rs. 10k??

• 2 years later...

Archived