Asura's Wrath

Shadoken

don't know if anybody noticed but Asura is a Sanskrit/Hindi word

indeed it is. Asura = devil in hindi/sanskrit.

i am kinda surprised that no one else posted about it :huh:

New Capcom Slasher Is The God Of War Of The East

East ?? wtf east.. really ? Asura is indian term and Buddha is chinese/indian. both countries are west from japan. geography lessons anyone :P

the trailer looks kinds of interesting. I did see dhoti on the main dude's loins. also the title plus the little statue with folded hands and 4 hands towards the end of the trailer smell of indian connection :wOOtjumpy: i always wanted a game set/inspired on indian mythology. this looks fun.

You guys actually liked that trailer? I hated it. Thought it was pretty stupid.

+1.

Gameplay would be enjoyable on Wii.

@Nemo, its pretty logical thats why no one noticed it.

indeed it is. Asura = devil in hindi/sanskrit.

i am kinda surprised that no one else posted about it :huh:

East ?? wtf east.. really ? Asura is indian term and Buddha is chinese/indian. both countries are west from japan. geography lessons anyone :P

the trailer looks kinds of interesting. I did see dhoti on the main dude's loins. also the title plus the little statue with folded hands and 4 hands towards the end of the trailer smell of indian connection :wOOtjumpy: i always wanted a game set/inspired on indian mythology. this looks fun.

i was aware of the word asura's connection with indian mythology.....good to see people excited abt hindu mythology game...hindu mythology has lot of amazing potential to turn into great movies and games....i would say Mahabharat can even make lord of the rings look small in front of it...if done with sahi direction and modern filming techonology .

@ playstation.

mahabharat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all lotr, greek myth, roman myth, japanese ninja stories, chinese dragon sh*t, harry potter, egyptian mummy stuff, european fables combined.

mahabharat has the perfect combination of epicness, story, thrill, sex, gore, comedy, deceit, vengeance, magic, badass.

best story ever :majesty:

I have read the definite version of this tale- "Mahasamar" by Narendra Kholi. it has the tale spanning 8 big novels all in hardcore hindi. one of the best reads ever. I highly recommend this series to anyone who is interested in mahabharat. be warned though, the hindi used is very pure, can be difficult for some.

link- http://pustak.org/bs/home.php?bookid=6521

@ playstation.

mahabharat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all lotr, greek myth, roman myth, japanese ninja stories, chinese dragon sh*t, harry potter, egyptian mummy stuff, european fables combined.

mahabharat has the perfect combination of epicness, story, thrill, sex, gore, comedy, deceit, vengeance, magic, badass.

best story ever :majesty:

I have read the definite version of this tale- "Mahasamar" by Narendra Kholi. it has the tale spanning 8 big novels all in hardcore hindi. one of the best reads ever. I highly recommend this series to anyone who is interested in mahabharat. be warned though, the hindi used is very pure, can be difficult for some.

link- http://pustak.org/bs/home.php?bookid=6521

HundredPercentSahi bola - +1.

totally agree ...i am not a avid reader so 8 big novels is too much for me but it always managed to capture my interest ...hope someday we see it on big screen but to do something like mahabharat into movie ..will require mega budget...it would require i think abt 10times the budget of that of avatar. :giggle:

fun fact, Mahabharat is the longest epic in the world. It has more than 74,000 verses, long prose passages, and about 1.8 million words in total.

@ playstation

more than anything, it would require total freedom of creativity being given to the director. the novels i mentioned.. mahasamar is very different from the mahabharat legends we are fed upon, its a very realistic and gritty representation of the story and the legend. with very human characters and the consequent flaws like booze and loose women and men. that is what makes it such a good read apart from the epic story.

anyone trying to make a big screen movie will be lynched upon by the "moral police". its a sad truth about the public we have here :(

Archived