Asura's Wrath

Shadoken

fun fact, Mahabharat is the longest epic in the world. It has more than 74,000 verses, long prose passages, and about 1.8 million words in total.

@ playstation

more than anything, it would require total freedom of creativity being given to the director. the novels i mentioned.. mahasamar is very different from the mahabharat legends we are fed upon, its a very realistic and gritty representation of the story and the legend. with very human characters and the consequent flaws like booze and loose women and men. that is what makes it such a good read apart from the epic story.

anyone trying to make a big screen movie will be lynched upon by the "moral police". its a sad truth about the public we have here :(

Phir se HundredPercentSahi bola -+1

was thinking on same line...it should not try to please everyone .it should just tell the story the way it is .

i hope this game asura's wrath does not face any problem here...:giggle:

@ playstation.

mahabharat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all lotr, greek myth, roman myth, japanese ninja stories, chinese dragon sh*t, harry potter, egyptian mummy stuff, european fables combined.

mahabharat has the perfect combination of epicness, story, thrill, sex, gore, comedy, deceit, vengeance, magic, badass.

best story ever :majesty:

I have read the definite version of this tale- "Mahasamar" by Narendra Kholi. it has the tale spanning 8 big novels all in hardcore hindi. one of the best reads ever. I highly recommend this series to anyone who is interested in mahabharat. be warned though, the hindi used is very pure, can be difficult for some.

link- http://pustak.org/bs/home.php?bookid=6521

Is there an English translation of this book?

I browsed Landmark while I was in Mumbai last week. They didnt have the complete compilation of the Ramayana or the Mahabharata. Very sad :(

@ MT

i seriously doubt there is an english translation, even it there is, like most translations the essence will be lost.

the books are available at flipkart though, here is part one http://www.flipkart.com/bhandhan-narender-kohli-book-8170551420

if you are comfy with normal hindi speaking then you can give a try. there are some complicated words there but the happenings more or less are understandable if one is at ease with reading/speaking the language regularly. I did take dad's help on occasions whilst reading though, the books are actually his collection that i picked from one balmy evening.

indeed it is. Asura = devil in hindi/sanskrit.

East ?? wtf east.. really ? Asura is indian term and Buddha is chinese/indian. both countries are west from japan. geography lessons anyone :P

Asura is also in Japanese, and it is a bit different from the Indian one.

The "Asura" from the game's name is definitely from the Buddhist one. So the Indian mythology is much less relevant here.

Asura is also in Japanese, and it is a bit different from the Indian one.

The "Asura" from the game's name is definitely from the Buddhist one. So the Indian mythology is much less relevant here.

oh that i did not know. thanks for the info noctis.

i dont think asura is there in japanese kanji,they just barrowed from sanskrit.

I guess its borrowed, but for them its a creature with three faces and six arms and has seen it in many games/anime. Asura was even a summon in some Final Fantasy games.

Guys you will need a liberal arts education in eastern mythology to get the whole seesaw of it.

Asura as referred in this game implies a demigod, at worst a fallen angel (as mentioned in the post above me). Whereas in the Hindu scheme of things they are pretty much evil etc. e.g. Raavan is termed as an Asura was supposed to be a learned Brahmin and one of the most revered devotees of Vishnu Shiva.

However, this is not the interesting part. In Zoroastrianism (from our neighbours to our west), Ahuras are unequivocally the good guys and their rivals (i.e. the bad guys) are...

the Daevas.

Have fun reading up on this...

^^ :ko:

+1 :ko:

All I wanted to say is that many Japanese games including Final Fantasy has had these creatures called Asura with 3 faces and six arms, which is not exactly Indian. No need to go into eastern mythology and stuff..

220px-ASURA_detail_Kohfukuji.JPG

this ??... must be some stereotype video game thing ... just like how greek mythological creatures are used in various games ...

and yea even in the trailer you can see the main character getting 3 faces and 6 arms in his Super Saiyan transformation thing...

Archived