Pro Evolution Soccer 2013

AtOmX

New Engine :)

This years fifa is a step back and this might be Konamis chance.If they fail here it could be curtains .I hope PES stun Fifa and once again we get to see 2 Awesome football games year after year .

Better Commentary please

Also no Vita version :O

PES on the PSP was massively better than Fifa on the PSP .

The situation is the same every year.FIfa has a bigger fanbase,more advertisement and overall FIFA is a more popular,bigger brand.(not to mention PES won't have all the teams licenses and for the teams that it lacks licenses that teams supporters will be pissed at Konami.) What remains to be seen is the Online multiplayer ,I hope it is not quick as PES12s and let us get technical with the built-up,online as well.

The situation has changed massively this Gen .EA with the financial backing have kept on improving the game while Konami have not been able to match them .Fifa 12 is the worst Fifa game in 4 years but it is still gaining the PES fan base every year and at this rate PES will be finished soon With Fifa12 disappointing ,this could be Konamis chance to reclaim their dwindling fan base .

New Engine was a Must and finally we are getting it .I read once about 2 years back that Konami would happily use Fifas engine and maybe the engine will be a little bit based on Fifa but lets see what happens.

The situation has changed massively this Gen .EA with the financial backing have kept on improving the game while Konami have not been able to match them .Fifa 12 is the worst Fifa game in 4 years but it is still gaining the PES fan base every year and at this rate PES will be finished soon With Fifa12 disappointing ,this could be Konamis chance to reclaim their dwindling fan base .

New Engine was a Must and finally we are getting it .I read once about 2 years back that Konami would happily use Fifas engine and maybe the engine will be a little bit based on Fifa but lets see what happens.

Why did u find FIFA 12 so bad? the only thing bad abt FIFA 12 is the unpredictable collision system. IMO tactical defending is not bad either.

Why did u find FIFA 12 so bad? the only thing bad abt FIFA 12 is the unpredictable collision system. IMO tactical defending is not bad either.

1.TD in the demo seemed like a revolution but due to the negative reaction from people they changed it to assisted TD because of which defenders stick out their foot or tackle automatically sometimes and due to that automatic tackles there are many AI Penalties in the box.

TD is Awesome but whats the point of having it assisted .

2.Collision system as you said is a joke .There are times when you tackle perfect and yet the opponent will still get the ball .

3.Standing tackles are retarded .The defender may be almost half a yard behind but he still somehow extends his legs and manages to complete the tackle .

The attacking part is quite similar to 11 ,infact I like the pace of the game more in 12 but you cant have a good football game without a good defensive system .TD is Awesome but Assisted takes out the challenge of it .

I was actually planning to do a Fifa 12 review but did not get time for it .

PES is introducing minor but unique changes , like the set piece editor which is the best feature introduced in a footballing game , i want to edit my players position in the match not in a pre defined way that fifa forces upon you , i feel a downfall has started in fifa with tactical defending , many users hate it except the pro's or the people who have got a hang of it , so this is PES's chance to go top & likewise i want EA to work hard too i want 2 awesome Football games this year

Konami confirms manual shooting and passing for PES 2013

Using their 'thank you email', Konami have just confirmed that full manual shooting and full manual passing will both be present in PES 2013:

Many of you stated you prefer playing PES 2012 without use of any pass support. This inspired us to enable optional full manual passing and shooting. Thanks to new PES FullControl you can precisely place shots exactly where you want - if you can master the skills required of course!

They also confirmed that goalkeepers have been improved, while also admitting they were not "good enough" in PES 2012:

Many of you also criticized how long it takes to bring the ball back into play after the goalkeeper catches the ball. To address the situation we sought advice from pro keepers and worked hard on AI. The result: far more options, many new animations and even different play styles.

It's quite amazing how PES cover stars do so well in real life. Ronaldo is owning sh*t this season, and Messi who was cover star till last year, suddenly isn't having the same level of success. And it goes all the way back with the other cover stars too - Henry, Terry, Adriano, Torres etc

• 1 month later...

It's quite amazing how PES cover stars do so well in real life. Ronaldo is owning sh*t this season, and Messi who was cover star till last year, suddenly isn't having the same level of success. And it goes all the way back with the other cover stars too - Henry, Terry, Adriano, Torres etc

Bitch please 70+ goals in this season for messi, he hasn't won anything but his goal scoring is phenomenal

Next generation of PES will use Fox Engine - Vita version also confirmed dance.gif

Konami have all-but-confirmed they will be using the Fox Engine in the next generation of Pro Evolution Soccer.

In an interview with Eurogamer, Senior producer Naoya Hatsumi told the site that Konami are trying to regain the number one spot by introducing a engine into the PES series.

"What we are trying to do is we are going to win back the crown when it comes to the next generation. That's what we want to do, and to do this we need to have a new engine. That's what we think.

We have to use a new engine. Have you heard of the Fox Engine? We are working very closely with them."

Hatsumi also confirmed a Vita version is on the way.

"We're not saying that we're not going to have PES on the Vita forever" producer Naoya Hatsumi said when asked by Eurogamer why a Vita version was yet to be confirmed. "We're working on development for a Vita version, of course, but it may not happen for PES 2013."

Source

Archived