HD STB channels, packages and providers thread.

Aftrunner

I remember the days when Chinappa had this show called MTV select It was a good show. Decent stuff used to be played. Channel V also had similar shows. God whatever happened. Now english music is totally absent from these channels.

VH1 and MTV are part of the same network. In the US, VH1 catered to a different demographic compared to MTV. But here, they've made a conscious decision that there will be one English music channel for India.

VH1 and MTV are part of the same network. In the US, VH1 catered to a different demographic compared to MTV. But here, they've made a conscious decision that there will be one English music channel for India.

MTV in US is crap as well. All filled with usual reality tv sh*t. They stopped expanding MTV to Music TV long time ago for a reason.

Does TS HD channel pack have only 8 channels? and airtel has fking 14 HD channels.

I am just about to get TS and i thot would be nice to watch movies on Times Now HD and Star Gold HD........ but these are not available on TS.

Any idea they would be adding more HD channels soon ?

Does TS HD channel pack have only 8 channels? and airtel has fking 14 HD channels.

I am just about to get TS and i thot would be nice to watch movies on Times Now HD and Star Gold HD........ but these are not available on TS.

Any idea they would be adding more HD channels soon ?

Right now Airtel and Videocon has highest number of HD channels ..

I have been a TS customer since the launch of their SD box .. Some 4 years back .

Their customer service is just :majesty:

Right now Airtel and Videocon has highest number of HD channels ..

I have been a TS customer since the launch of their SD box .. Some 4 years back .

Their customer service is just :majesty:

I'm not sure about videocon hd channels but couple of hd channels provided by airtel are useless.

Customer service and user interface matters a lot for me.

I'm not sure about videocon hd channels but couple of hd channels provided by airtel are useless.

If CS and UI matters you the most then Tata Sky is for you

except CNBC TV18 all channels are pretty much regularly watched at my place, and airtel service has been pretty good for me till now, not sure what next.

But i will advise you wait out couple of weeks before taking the plunge to TS, seems they are definitely getting more channels, but currently some of there HD channels are running on poor quality.

i heard that entire Delhi has to switch to digital broadcast by July 2012. And also i will get a LCD soon, so which service provider would you suggest, i want HD!

except CNBC TV18 all channels are pretty much regularly watched at my place, and airtel service has been pretty good for me till now, not sure what next.

But i will advise you wait out couple of weeks before taking the plunge to TS, seems they are definitely getting more channels, but currently some of there HD channels are running on poor quality.

currently the annual mega pack of TS costs rs.5500 and as all are suggesting that many extra HD channels would be added soon, will the price of these annual packs increase?

I myself am using airtel dvr and using full hd tv. Clarity is pretty good. But difference can be noticed from close of the screen.

I could have gone for upgrade with airtel hd recorder, but those fools say that upgrade on my existing connection is not possible :ko:

Also features provided by TS are better than airtel.

:wallbash: dishtv cannot be installed at my place.

Videocon d2h or Airtel DTH? And why are both so expensive compared to Dtv?

not sure what future has in store for Videocon, airtel seems like a better bet. But current date videocon. Choice is yours. See which ends up being cheaper :P

I have been using AirtelHD for couple of months now and they seem to be nice. However, the channel packs on the Tata Sky are much better and cheaper than Airtel. To get all the HD channels you have to pay 100 for normal HD channels and 60 for ESPN and Star cricket, so total becomes 150 ( including taxes) whereas in TS the all HD pack is available for half the price i think

i heard that entire Delhi has to switch to digital broadcast by July 2012. And also i will get a LCD soon, so which service provider would you suggest, i want HD!

mere question ka bhi koyi jawab de do! (somebody please answer my question!)

Options:

1) Tata Sky HD

2) Dish TV HD

3) Airtel

4) Set-top box from cable provider

I am using Airtel broadband and sick of them, so not looking forward to using Airtel DTH

^^ I guess the safest bet currently should be Airtel but since you are looking for a change for whatever reasons and arent lured by the 14 hd channels that Airtel currently airs, you may go for tata sky for their cc and ui and the promise to get new transponders working and addition of new channels.

well i'll get it in 2-3 months time so i guess i can wait and see if TS adds some HD channels by March end. BTW, can anyone list down the +ves and -ves of various providers based on the following parameters:

-> Number of HD channels

-> Price (also for additional instrument for 2nd TV)

-> Option of buying separate channels instead of being forced to buy complete packages

-> Response time/Performance of software

-> Customer support

Sorry for asking this, but i have no idea about the services being offered right now.

Archived