Favorite Game Soundtrack/Music Thread

Couldnt find a thread dedicated to music in video games. Although we have some phenomenal music, a lot of people just dont get popular recognition for the work they have done in the video game industry. Its kind of sad :( But anyway, here are some of my favorite tracks(in no particular order). Pls share yours too!

1) Persona 3 - Memories of the City

2) Journey - Nascence track

3) Max Payne - the haunting cello soundtrack

Also this one :

4) Portal - Still alive. duh :D

5) Uncharted - Nate's Theme

There are a lot of tracks from games like Zelda, Skyrim etc that I have missed out here. Feel free to comment your fav tracks below :D

For some reason I vaguely remember this kind of thread posted twice already , but cant find it :P

Shenmue

This one is just too epic. When it starts at 0:35 just :majesty: them #feels

Phantasy Star Online

Its rare to find games where you put in thousands of hours , yet the OST never loses its immersive feel.

MGR - RULES OF NATURE!!!!

Tracks like this,DMC,Hotline Miami really just get you pumped up to f**k sh*t up.

Also cant forget my retro favs.

Mario can suck dick compared to Sonic's godlk Boss themes

First of all, the ending theme for Dark Souls. A stark contrast to the rest of the themes that get you HYPED, this one calms you down and lulls you to sleep. Gently telling you that you fought and fought and now you can rest, its over.

Frog's theme. This guy is just amazing, he cut a freaking mountain in half. He has a good backstory and this theme complements his personality very nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-YpIBF6QHI

I love jazz. And when I heard this rendition of Fly Me To The Moon in the first level of Bayonetta, I fell in love with the song and the game.

And its Bayo for god sakes, need I say more?

Firstly, excellent thread :)

Here's my favorite..not just among game music but in general - The quintessential track from the iconic fighting game franchise The King of Fighters.

The Original Soundtrack :

The Arranged Version :

The Metal Version (covered by MEGADRIVER) :

..and a LIVE version of the above (shame about the quality though :-|) :

The Esaka Collection in HD :

Cheers.

^ No, these are songs associated with the game(s) due to their appearance in a promotional or cameo in-game. They may or may not be credited in the score.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived