PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

So 20% faster than 780 ti

Synthetic benchmarks. I would hold out till real-world numbers are out along with more details on the chip.

Also, obligatory, all this if you spend another $700 for the worlds fastest GPU*12.

Terms and Conditions,

* Till AMD releases their refresh.

1 Till we release the 'unlocked' version three months later.

2 Till we release the Ultra Black ZZZZZZ edition 6 months down the line.

Synthetic benchmarks. I would hold out till real-world numbers are out along with more details on the chip.

Also, obligatory, all this if you spend another $700 for the worlds fastest GPU*12.

Terms and Conditions,

* Till AMD releases their refresh.

1 Till we release the 'unlocked' version three months later.

2 Till we release the Ultra Black ZZZZZZ edition 6 months down the line.

I would rather spend another $300 for a crossfire build that would continue to sh*t on their fastest card until 980 and beyond, without overclocking.

I would rather spend another $300 for a crossfire build that would continue to sh*t on their fastest card until 980 and beyond, without overclocking.

Why you break green team's heart?

We work so hard and our drivers be so awesome, we update them so often and PhysX and the fur technology we are demoing on GTX TITAN's.

Sent from miG

Always been puzzled about crossfire. Whats the limiting factor in getting another card for crossfire rather than a newer more expensive card?

Whats the limiting factor in getting another card for crossfire rather than a newer more expensive card?

Cost of the new card.

Performance scaling.

Always been puzzled about crossfire. Whats the limiting factor in getting another card for crossfire rather than a newer more expensive card?

Power supply is main concern, heat and noise is another especially with AMD cards unless you watercool it with aftermarket coolers. And scaling in real world isn't always perfect, you mostly get 60-70% extra, and some games don't even support it. You also need to see if your motherboard supports it, although crossfire is way more flexible than SLI (because performance standards yo)

I ll most probably upgrade to a gtx 880,hopefully its a good value.

After two rounds of switch and bait, it shall be. :giggle:

Yes. Thats the reason against a new card. I was asking why would one not go for crossfire?

• Frame pacing issues.
  • Heat generation.
  • Driver profile issues (considerably reduced).
  • Noise (depending on your set-up).
  • Cost.

You also need to see if your motherboard supports it, although crossfire is way more flexible than SLI (because performance standards yo)

Also now you do not need the bridge connectors for CrossFireX, all data is exchanged over the PCIe bus.

Edited by ALPHA17

After two rounds of switch and bait, it shall be. :giggle:

Considering Nvidia 's perfomance and prices for the last 2 gen line up of gpus,the only thing thats still working in thier favour tbh ,are actually those damn wolf furs,and i am not even kiddin.Credit where it is due. :giggle:

Considering Nvidia 's perfomance and prices for the last 2 gen line up of gpus,the only thing thats still working in thier favour tbh ,are actually those damn wolf furs,and i am not even kiddin.Credit where it is due. :giggle:

Your call, putting down ~35000/- for a card which will magically drop to ~25000/- in a six month time-span and will see a veritable spawn of editions cropping up, each proliferating to be the magic bullet.

It still baffles me the way they tiered their cards in last couple of years, there seems to be no correlation between cost and performance. Its like they just randomly pull out a number from a hat and slap it on the box. And when competition comes out with similar card for half the price, they just go "oops" and drop it down by 30-40%

Btw someone posted this on GAF..

5Zp2O1c.png

Interesting :scratchchin:

Your call, putting down ~35000/- for a card which will magically drop to ~25000/- in a six month time-span and will see a veritable spawn of editions cropping up, each proliferating to be the magic bullet.

I plan on waiting for the witcher 3 benchmarks before taking the dive,idea is to have enough juice to max it out,if the old trusty 670 can do that,great.

But i am already getting a good deal for 670,so that ll cover up significant portion,resale value is certainly going to take a hit ,sooner or later,thats a consideration too.

It still baffles me the way they tiered their cards in last couple of years, there seems to be no correlation between cost and performance. Its like they just randomly pull out a number from a hat and slap it on the box. And when competition comes out with similar card for half the price, they just go "oops" and drop it down by 30-40%

It is called power of the brand. nVidia has always had a halo on its head from all gamers because they advertised so heavily and were at the fore-front of 8 games out of 10 pre-2009.

I have alternated between the two camps for the past decade and apart from the late 2000's where AMD had driver issues (which I did not even realise then) never disappointed by either camp. Save nVidia's pricing antics. Nothing tops that.

I plan on waiting for the witcher 3 benchmarks before taking the dive,idea is to have enough juice to max it out,if the old trusty 670 can do that,great.

But i am already getting a good deal for 670,so that ll cover up significant portion,resale value is certainly going to take a hit ,sooner or later,thats a consideration too.

If you are holding out so long might as well continue with the GTX670 till the 20nm GPU's show up.

Edited by ALPHA17

If you are holding out so long might as well continue with the GTX670 till the 20nm GPU's show up.

That probably will be Q1 2016 at the latest,i doubt i ll be able to hold off for that long,not until tw3 gets delayed .