No media playback capability for so called next gen console Ps4

I don't think its unreasonable to expect a Rs 40,000 device to be able to play music and videos off USB, or for it to support popular formats like MKV (which I'm sure Sony won't add this gen either).

Where can we buy legit MKV format movies in India? AFAIK all movies in Sony video store offer the same quality and are even cheaper.

Where can we buy legit MKV format movies in India? AFAIK all movies in Sony video store offer the same quality and are even cheaper.

Nobody distributes MKV format movies because afaik there's no built-in DRM/anti-piracy measures in them. If someone has movie collection in MKV format that he didn't rip himself from his blu-ray/DVD collection, you can be almost certain he didn't pay for it.

Nobody distributes MKV format movies because afaik there's no built-in DRM/anti-piracy measures in them. If someone has movie collection in MKV format that he didn't rip himself from his blu-ray/DVD collection, you can be almost certain he didn't pay for it.

So why do people here expect PS4 to play MKV and were overjoyed when Xbone supported them? Are we condoning movie piracy now :lol:

And if someone is ripping his own Blu Ray, he should rather just play it via PS4.

Big boss is stuck at one point only.. It's not about my research.. It's about k simple feature should be there in the console

Agar main research kar bhi leta to bhi mera point of view yeh hi rehta and I am also playing to buy same console for my brother even now when I know that "it is not supporting media playback"

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I have never inserted a USB devise on my ps3 in 4 years. Except controller and vita charger cables.

And I'm not gonna use it on ps4 either. I can connect my HDD or pen drive to TV or even lappy with HDMI. :)

Same. Direct to TV.

I have never inserted a USB devise on my ps3 in 4 years. Except controller and vita charger cables.

And I'm not gonna use it on ps4 either. I can connect my HDD or pen drive to TV or even lappy with HDMI. :)

+1 :)

I bought PS4 only for gaming.

I don't expect anything from it except for the provision of best gaming experience. That is all I want from it!

So MKV means piracy? That's the kind of logic Ubisoft used for adding always online DRM in its PC games.

So what you need MKV for? Dont tell me you encode all your "legit" videos in mkv and then play them on home consoles, or rip your BluRay discs into MKV and play them on home consoles. iTunes etc sell stuff in MP4, so I dont know why this mkv format is important all of a sudden for legit buyers.

Regarding PES, I dont think we are even sure how PS4 game works and whether the teams etc can be added from some files via USB. That will be wait and watch stuff.

Brothers that is our individual choice I guess.. You guys are having laptops and usb supported tv but some people including my self are using hd moniter to play game on console.. So that feature works fine for me.

That is individual choice I guess how I want to watch my videos

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Archived