The Football Thread

Xeno

commenter david lloyd on star cricket said that people who live in manchester support manchester city,they dont support united.he said a survey was conducted in an effort to discover how many local fans in manchester support united.the result of the survey was only 23%.that means only 23% of local people living in manchester support manchester united,and remaining 77% support city.

i was like :ko:

thats why i asked here.mujhe laga kishi united fan ko pata hoga aisa kyu hai.

Rio Ferdinand took his own camera behind the scenes on United's tour of America and captured

some amazing moments: including some very excitable video games and table tennis tournaments

Volume 1 :

http://www.fileserve.com/file/At9HSuA  
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1658225591 
http://www.wupload.com/file/93347121

Volume 2 :

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1712131681
http://www.wupload.com/file/112141941

:wub:

Terrific... Absolutely terrific... Repped for your kindness... :arigato:

^

maybe its not true.

but why would david llyod say something like that if its not true.afterall he lives in england(england ka david ko hamse jyada pata hoga :P )

but yes its very strange to hear something like that.

nvm who cares.

AFAIK,Man City is based in the heart of Manchester(judging by its name) while Old Trafford is a suburb of Manchester.Maybe that is why most Manchester residents are City fans.

from rom

City-is-yours.jpg

below quote is from feb 2011

It two weeks time, Manchester City will have to reflect on the 35 years that have gone by since they last won a trophy. 1976 marks the year when Abba were at the top of the charts with Mama Mia, the first commercial Concorde flight took off and Rocky was the most popular film at the pictures. To be a City fan who actually remembers seeing their team win a trophy, you’d have to be at least 40-years-old.

In this context, it makes sense that City fans would try and find something to cling on to, particularly in light of all the success United have had in this time. 11 League titles, 2 European Cups, 8 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, as well as the Cup Winners’ Cup, UEFA Super Cup, Intercontinental Cup and Club World Cup. Every year that passed where they won nothing and every year where we added another trophy to our list built up the resentment and bitterness our neighbours feel.

So when outside of Manchester, they told the lie that proper Mancunians support City. Anyone who lives locally to Manchester knows this is bollocks, but it is a myth that has done the rounds for a while. Famous blue, Jason Manford, was recently interviewed and had to come clean about the lie. “It’s one of those things where we’ve gone over the years ‘Yeh, there’s no United fans in Manchester’ but there is. There’s bloody loads of them.”

United have had higher attendances than City every single season since the 1940s, even when United were forced to play at Maine Road after Old Trafford was bombed. Even this season, with City giving away their tickets for a fiver in Europe (and £1 for under 16s), their stadium has been just over half full. Either there’s only a few thousand football fans in Manchester or those Berties are telling porkies.

So, whilst United get to sing about being top of the league, City fans were left to sing about their lie, “the city is ours”, during our victorious game against them yesterday. With 20,000 empty seats, are you f**king sure?

I dont care which team has max number of fans based in Manchester .. but the above article is written by someone who is old enough for me to consider his opinion.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has insisted Samir Nasri is happy at the club and says any deal for his possible departure is nowhere near being done.

The Gunners manager has now declared that no deal is imminent and indicated that Nasri may yet remain at the Emirates Stadium.

"He is happy here. There is no departure of Nasri at the moment," Wenger told French media outlet TF1.

"Maybe one day, but it's far, far, far from being done."

Everton capain Phil Neville has signed a new deal to keep him at the club until 2013.

"I feel really proud and this club has never let me down. It's shown faith in me again and for the next two years I'm going to give my all for this football club," Neville told the club's official website.