All Things UPS !

_Krypton_

So I bought a new UPS last evening for Ps4 and TV . AsiaPower IND600 . As with most UPS units , I gotta keep the main always switched on so that the UPS keeps charging the battery .

Have some questions for the techies -

--> Wouldn't keeping the main ways switched on overcharge my UPS battery or is there an auto-cut when the battery fully charges up ?

--> During summers , I have power outages in my area ranging from 6-8 hours a day . Would that effect my UPS battery life since there is no way to keep charging it at that time .

--> Any others tips and tricks to prolong the UPS battery life .

Thanks in advance :rock:

• The battery cuts off once it is recharged completely. So, maybe once a week you can keep it on over-night but every other day, switch off the mains as well.
  • No, over-time battery degradation will be there, nothing major apart from abrupt weather changes or the battery components degrading can cause the UPS any issues.
  • Nothing, the usual precautions while handling electronics to be maintained and you should do fine. Also, I think UPS battery's are user replaceable / rechargeable.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

And dont plug any electronic household appliances in it even for a short time. I remember ruining my numeric ups by occassionally using it for a mixer grinder for preparing chutney during power cuts :-P

Repped for making me LOL when everybody around me was asleep !

I leave the main on at all times. Do you think it can cause any issues?

Apart from a power spike or brown out that might damage the UPS, nothing really.

Archived