~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

camelot = poor man's GoT.... @ least the first episode... let's see what the season holds... :unsure:

I started watching Camelot when it came out with a lot of expectations. The first episode was decent and I thought it would get better, but it went steadily downhill and I gave up after 4 episodes.. Very unlikable characters. As Snake mentioned it was only good for one thing.

can someone pls suggest me a good light - hearted drama with a bit of comedy (something like "The OC") which I want to buy / download for my wife?

dude...Vampire diaries. it's got more sexy vampires & love stories than hookers in Grand Theft Auto. No offense to any Delena/Stelena shippers here :P

Edit: Wow, i am so late on lurking through this thread that i dint realise this question was like from wayyyy.. back :). Still, the recommendation stands ;)

Edited by lordQ

Uh-oh. And how many MORE books are planned ?

uh oh. asking for trouble, you are ;) the original plan was a trilogy. that plan got scuttled in '1998. Then GRRM told us that it'll be 7. that ship sailed when he split the 4th frickin' book into two parts...published (or about to be) across 6 years. So, right now anywhere between 7 & Brandon Sanderson's latest is the right answer ;)

while on TV series made from books...

You naturally assume everything that got cancelled was bad? Flashforward was far from terrible. It was very watchable.

they took an interesting starting idea but they went nowhere with it for the entire season.

even though this might sound like one of those, 'the book was better' posts...it is one of those 'the book was better' posts :P

Edited by lordQ

uh oh. asking for trouble, you are ;) the original plan was a trilogy. that plan got scuttled in '1998. Then GRRM told us that it'll be 7. that ship sailed when he split the 4th frickin' book into two parts...published (or about to be) across 6 years. So, right now anywhere between 7 & Brandon Sanderson's latest is the right answer ;)

Hmmm. Really dunno if I can read through 1000 pages of each book. :| That's really really long and I don't have any interest in fantasy novels. Was just thinking of reading because loved GoT TV series.

Anyways, how much of the 1st novel has been covered so far till E7 ?

Hmmm. Really dunno if I can read through 1000 pages of each book. :| That's really really long and I don't have any interest in fantasy novels. Was just thinking of reading because loved GoT TV series.

Anyways, how much of the 1st novel has been covered so far till E7 ?

hmm, with some (and strictly so) creative liberties in the interest of shortening it for TV, Ep8 should see the end of Book 1; Teh Game of Thrones; Or, Your Heroes Can Die. It's a 8 episode series like Deadwood before it (another awesome orig. HBO programming series)

hmm, with some (and strictly so) creative liberties in the interest of shortening it for TV, Ep8 should see the end of Book 1; Teh Game of Thrones; Or, Your Heroes Can Die. It's a 8 episode series like Deadwood before it (another awesome orig. HBO programming series)

Dammit. So reading the 1st volume won't be fun anymore.

Maybe I'll read it on Fridays to make it more fun, fun, fun. :P

Fantastic episode 6. Now wondering if I should watch episode 7 right away and wait for 2 weeks. Or watch it next week.

Who am I kidding. Its sitting there all ready. I cant wait a week. :lol:

Yeah. I'll have all of those 52 Fridays to finish them :P

there's a risk you're running ..of not even wanting to finish it. Emilia Clarke may be pleasing on the eye, but the books aren't illustrated ;) Alternatively, if you do manage to read it, you'll live life dreading if you'd ever end up like those folks at Wotmania/Dragonmount circa 2007. that's another risk ;)

Edited by lordQ

there's a risk you're running ..of not even wanting to finish it. Emilia Clarke may be pleasing on the eye, but the books aren't illustrated ;) Alternatively, if you do manage to read it, you'll live life dreading if you'd ever end up like those folks at Wotmania/Dragonmount circa 2007. that's another risk ;)

There's an illustrated book 1, for 2500$. :suicide:

Anyways, ordered the 'taller' versions on Flipkart (make the book look less thick :P).