Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

I think we both have an opinion on TDKR which we cannot change .

Just interested what do u think is the ending of Inception ?

Cause I think there is a very clear ending to it

I think he was still in a state of dream.

One of my tutor gave a pretty long lecture about ego, superego and stuffs to explain it. -_-

When talking about Inception, watched Shutter Island a few days back and it was "good".

Not as mind boggling as Inception, but "good".

I think he was still in a state of dream.

One of my tutor gave a pretty long lecture about ego, superego and stuffs to explain it. -_-

When talking about Inception, watched Shutter Island a few days back and it was "good".

Not as mind boggling as Inception, but "good".

My Reasons why I think the ending is

Real

1.Throughout the movie,we see many of the actors have totems shown but have you wondered what is the audiences totem ? A Totem which decides what is Dream and what is Reality .The answer to that is Cobbs left hand and the wedding ring .In his dreams Cobb is still holding onto Mal and will not let go while in reality he knows Mals dead and removes his ring .Sure some might say that towards the end he gets over Mal and he does but in the very next scene when he is on the shore and when he is in Saitos palace,he still has the ring signifying that its a dream .I saw the movie once again after figuring out the ring and its a lot easier to understand as the ring guides you all along as to which scenes are dream and which are reality

The simplest answer to whether the movie is reality or dream is if Cobb has the ring on in the final scene or on the airport .If he does its his imagination but if not its Reality .

Inception+HD-Record.flv_snapshot_00.01.17_%5B2010.08.16_11.16.02%5D.jpg

5603098903_bbfafcc3be.jpg

inception+cobb+dicaprio+top+red+herring+wedding+ring+totem+key+to+ending+dream+real+christopher+nolan.jpg

2.We get to see Cobbs Totem moving at a steady pace in a dream section in the movie,but in the end the Totem clearly wobbles and you can hear a sound of the totem falling down just as the black screen hits.

3.The clothes of the children and this is a common misconception are not same but different .Nolans direction is so amazing that he wants us to think that they are same so he has gone for similar looking clothes but they are different

Inception costume designer Jeffrey Kurland who claims that, even though they may not seem different, the kids clothes are in fact not the same. He insists, “the children’s clothing is different in the final scene… look again…”

Look Closely at the clothes and the shoes

kids-inception.jpg

4.2 Pairs of Kids are credited for the role on Inception suggesting that there were 2 different actors for different age groups .

5.Michael Caine- "[The spinning top] drops at the end, that’s when I come back on. If I'm there it's real, because I'm never in the dream. I'm the guy who invented the dream."

Also Finally This is What Nolan says

If I've really managed to make a film that has sparked a debate it would be very tactless of me to barge in on that debate and talk about what I really meant by the film.

It would be tactless toward the audience, because I'm sure they all have their own interpretations, and tactless towards those commenting on it in the media, who might feel hurt if they found they'd misinterpreted the film.

Therefore I prefer not to say anything at all.

I played my part in this debate when I made the film.

It suggest that Nolan has a very clear idea about what he had in mind but to make the ending extraordinary he does not reveal it.He does not say the ending is open ,what he does say is that he does not want to comment as it would offend some fans that clearly suggests that there is 1 clear ending .

"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled."

I know some will have their own views and own reasons for it and I respect those .These are just mine and IMO Inception has a clear ending

Edited by Akai San
  • Like 2

Inception is actually pretty straight forward. Ellen Page's character is the audience helper, just listen to the answers to the questions she keeps asking all the time and that's it pretty much. The totem falls in the end.

One plothole like which has been bothering me - Why wouldn't the totem fall in anybody's dream? Its a top and its only purpose is to fall. Any architect that creates a dream has real life physics down. All we're told is that the material might feel different to touch if the architect hasn't touched it, that's it, but the object itself will act out its real life physics. Cobb brought along a train which Ellen Page's character had not prepared for and it had perfect physics along with countless other things yet something as simple as a top isn't expected to fall down if the host/architect hasn't touched it? Doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Params7

Inception is actually pretty straight forward. Ellen Page's character is the audience helper, just listen to the answers to the questions she keeps asking all the time and that's it pretty much. The totem falls in the end.

One plothole like which has been bothering me - Why wouldn't the totem fall in anybody's dream? Its a top and its only purpose is to fall. Any architect that creates a dream has real life physics down. All we're told is that the material might feel different to touch if the architect hasn't touched it, that's it, but the object itself will act out its real life physics. Cobb brought along a train which Ellen Page's character had not prepared for and it had perfect physics along with countless other things yet something as simple as a top isn't expected to fall down if the host/architect hasn't touched it? Doesn't make any sense.

The dreams in Inception if you noticed are very close to reality ,so close that you can get lost into it .The Top just like in reality will fall in a dream unless Cobb makes it his totem and does not let it .

The touch thing you are talking about was for the dice,the feel of the dice .The totem does not have to be something they can touch ,it can also be something which cannot happen in real life like you touched on it with the physics.

We all know why Cobb uses Mals totem and what I want to know more is what was Cobbs own totem .

Nice. Never noticed the

ringless

details. Time to watch it again. :P

Next time when you watch it pause it at places and see the magic unfold .I was stunned when I saw it,the movie is pretty straightforward if you know what you are looking for

My Reasons why I think the ending is

Real

1.Throughout the movie,we see many of the actors have totems shown but have you wondered what is the audiences totem ? A Totem which decides what is Dream and what is Reality .The answer to that is Cobbs left hand and the wedding ring .In his dreams Cobb is still holding onto Mal and will not let go while in reality he knows Mals dead and removes his ring .Sure some might say that towards the end he gets over Mal and he does but in the very next scene when he is on the shore and when he is in Saitos palace,he still has the ring signifying that its a dream .I saw the movie once again after figuring out the ring and its a lot easier to understand as the ring guides you all along as to which scenes are dream and which are reality

The simplest answer to whether the movie is reality or dream is if Cobb has the ring on in the final scene or on the airport .If he does its his imagination but if not its Reality .

Inception+HD-Record.flv_snapshot_00.01.17_%5B2010.08.16_11.16.02%5D.jpg

5603098903_bbfafcc3be.jpg

inception+cobb+dicaprio+top+red+herring+wedding+ring+totem+key+to+ending+dream+real+christopher+nolan.jpg

2.We get to see Cobbs Totem moving at a steady pace in a dream section in the movie,but in the end the Totem clearly wobbles and you can hear a sound of the totem falling down just as the black screen hits.

3.The clothes of the children and this is a common misconception are not same but different .Nolans direction is so amazing that he wants us to think that they are same so he has gone for similar looking clothes but they are different

Inception costume designer Jeffrey Kurland who claims that, even though they may not seem different, the kids clothes are in fact not the same. He insists, “the children’s clothing is different in the final scene… look again…”

Look Closely at the clothes and the shoes

kids-inception.jpg

4.2 Pairs of Kids are credited for the role on Inception suggesting that there were 2 different actors for different age groups .

5.Michael Caine- "[The spinning top] drops at the end, that’s when I come back on. If I'm there it's real, because I'm never in the dream. I'm the guy who invented the dream."

Also Finally This is What Nolan says

If I've really managed to make a film that has sparked a debate it would be very tactless of me to barge in on that debate and talk about what I really meant by the film.

It would be tactless toward the audience, because I'm sure they all have their own interpretations, and tactless towards those commenting on it in the media, who might feel hurt if they found they'd misinterpreted the film.

Therefore I prefer not to say anything at all.

I played my part in this debate when I made the film.

It suggest that Nolan has a very clear idea about what he had in mind but to make the ending extraordinary he does not reveal it.He does not say the ending is open ,what he does say is that he does not want to comment as it would offend some fans that clearly suggests that there is 1 clear ending .

"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled."

I know some will have their own views and own reasons for it and I respect those .These are just mine and IMO Inception has a clear ending

i am new here akai :P

Glad some of you watched "Cabin in the woods". Might wanna watch "Chronicle" too. :good: had the privilege of watching both in theaters, undoubtedly both gives the same adrenaline rush. Not one's so called "perfect" films, but entertaining timepass thrillers!! Watch if you can.

Is the blu ray coming out in September?

Its out in the US. mailed flipkart few days back, said they will get the stock by end august

BARFI Original Soundtracks are ABSOLUTE WINNER!! Those who wanna hear will know were to find it or just pm.

The best OST in a while probably after 'ROCKSTAR'. Now praying any of the songs are not copied. /Pritam

Made me more excited for the movie. Can't wait !!!