The Supernatural Thread

DishuBOSS

Keep the stories coming guys! Just don't bump the thread after midnight :P

Anyway, as for believing in the supernatural. I'm a bit of a skeptic. I'll try to find rational explanations for these things but that's not to say that I'm a complete non-believer either. This world is too complex and full of things we don't yet understand. Like most others I do get the creeps when I'm all alone at a scary place or just after watching a scary movie.

BTW I recommend you guys check out the subreddit called "nosleep". Most of the stories there are fake but some are extremely well written. Especially the ones in the monthly contest winners section:

http://www.reddit.com/r/NoSleepOOC/comments/16obc1/archive_monthly_contest_winners/

• Like 1

oh yeah, the no sleep challenge ! back in mid 00s it was a rage in gamefaqs boards. Epic stories.

@ tyler. same here, i am a skeptic by core and do not believe in any supernatural thing. I do believe in unexplained stuff, for me it is just a part of science which we have not yet come to terms with, it is unknown because it is unexplored. Everything has a rational scientific explanation, some just take longer than usual to be discovered. What we now perceive as magic and miracle might very well be commonplace 100-150 years from now due to tech advancement. I love sic-fi's take on this notion, like Too human for example, it showed us Gods as technologically highly advanced humans.

a person from mid 17th century will see all that we can do in our homes as conclude we are wizards.

Not a supernatural story but damn funny

Reached the Hotel. Since we were both, hungry and late, we decided to get lunch packed so that we can have it on the way. Lunch was packed in no time, bade goodbye to the guys at the Indian restaurant and came down. We also got some eatables of the leftover currency from the shop nearby as we did not have any use of it anymore on this trip and started off. Exit from the city took us through the modern part of Prague which was completely different than what we saw earlier. It all went pretty smooth thanks to Mr. GPS and we were on the motorway towards Brno in some 20 minutes. Stopped at a roadside Restaurant for lunch on way. After Brno, the motorway turns into a single road with an up and a down lane.

As we went on, it started to become lonely with hardly any traffic. I was not getting a good feel and at the same time, the irony was that nature started calling and it was becoming bad as we went on. After some distance, I saw a 'WC' sign. Not sure if I should feel releaved or tense, I decided of giving it a try. It was a proper restaurant complex, only thing, it was an abandoned one and looked haunted. Anyways, since I had stopped, I thought of going in. The toilet and the restaurant had all the Graffiti painted all over it and the doors were broken as if a loot had taken place. I went inside, it was even horrible, everything from the false ceiling to the wash basins was broken and there were cobwebs everywhere. The urinals were steel ones so thankfully they were not broken. I did my thing and just as I moved, it flushed automatically with a loud noise. I got scared like hell and the next moment I was not able to decide if I should be shocked or surprised. Imagine automatic flush working at a place like that. Not sure what it was. I came out, got into the car and sped off!!

it is from a travelogue on team-bhp.

What do you guys know about the "Bermuda Triangle"?

Its bullshit.Most of the missing planes and ships have been found and have an explanation.Used to fascinate me few years back.I did some research on the internet and found out its just a myth.

Just read this :lol:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/I_f**king_Hate_the_Bermuda_Triangle

Hell, Lloyd's of London, the world's biggest largest insurance company, whose f**king job it is to know where ships will sink most often, says that the Bermuda Triangle is a piece of bullshit. They won't charge you extra to insure your boat if you tell them it's going through the Bermuda Triangle. And Jesus H. Christ, if an insurance company won't charge you higher premiums for doing something, then the odds are pretty strong that said activity is perfectly safe

Edited by rockstarnet

Shantz man, that is scary as hell. I can't even imagine being through this. Hope all is well now.

My story time, so long back my uncle (Chacha) used to drive cabs in night at Delhi. This is like 20 years back. He was coming back from his work when suddenly a women waved to him, not in whites or anything. It was his damn job to drop people so he stopped. The lady got in and said she wants to go to Safdarjung hospital. He took her in, closed the doors. Drove for some time and when he stopped - she was not there. Vanished in the middle of road. From a closed cab. He came home sh*t scared.

Second story from Chacha. He was driving from out station back to Delhi and this old lady in white clothes waved a hand to stop on a highway. Of course he did not stop, a kilometre later same lady again waving, then again after some more time. He did not stop. She started running with the cab. At a speed of 80 or so. The passengers got sh*t scared, everybody started praying. In so me time they reached city and lost her.

There are many other stories which I will tell later :)

Personally, I AM a sucker for supernatural. Since I was in like 7th standard. I had read the whole section of my school library which contained these books. Back at that time I read this 1000 or so pages book called the giant book of the unknown. Still remember the name. Also read many pustak-mahal books. Both in Hindi and English. I love horror movies but am scared as hell when alone. Especially in dark. I hate darkness. My take o n supernatural is that it may exist, it may not. I really do not want to mess with it. Just like nay other scientific discovery, the non existence of proof is not the proof of non existence. Some day the proof will arrive and all the non believers will sh*t bricks.

Edited by avkash