Gaming Headphones Guide & Discussion.

playstation

hows official sony headphone for ps3 ?

and shud i buy 5.1 speakers or headphones

Those are the most VFM + underappreciated headphones......those cans are awesome!! If you are in Sony Ecosystem then just buy the Elite edition...Don't go for GTA5 or the Gold ones.

These are compatible with pretty much everything I have....even my car stereo.

Cheers

There are plenty of options for Bluetooth micro-receiver (starting ~250/- -->1500/-+) and that should make your NOKIA ear-piece compatible with your PC.

Can you link me to one thats cheap as I dont even know what the thing looks like or is called... 250 should do it :P

Can you link me to one thats cheap as I dont even know what the thing looks like or is called... 250 should do it :P

http://m.ebay.in/sch/i.html?pgn=1&so=PRICE_ASCENDING&kw=bluetooth+usb

Specifically : http://www.ebay.in/itm/161246558080?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&redirect=mobile

They are all the same... Let me know if it works well (drivers, sound device setup, etc.). I have a BT headset lying somewhere, might come in handy.

• 2 weeks later...

looking for value for money and great audio clarity gaming headphone...which i will also use for movies music etc....has to have mic and should block external noise (over the ear ?), should be comfortable on ears (i sweat a lot so the material should be able to withstand it ).

triton was on discount on flipkart but now out of stock .... budget 4k. Suggestions please

No no no..no. Stay away from Tritton, Razer, Turtle Beach, Skullcandy, Beats, Apple, etc.

Get headphone and mic separately.

ATH-M35 / ATH-M30 or Sennheiser HD 202.

+ Zalman Zm-mic1 or some mic from your local place.

looking for value for money and great audio clarity gaming headphone...which i will also use for movies music etc....has to have mic and should block external noise (over the ear ?), should be comfortable on ears (i sweat a lot so the material should be able to withstand it ).

Look at the SteelSeries line-up if possible. Most cheap microphones in Indian market pick up all sorts of noise (no uni-directional stuff) and have poor shielding so if you keep things like mobiles close by it will interfere,

• SteelSeries 4H
  • SteelSeries Siberia (and V2.0)
  • LOGITECH G series is another option though they can suffer in the music department.

Rest is up-to you and your wallet.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Alpha don't suggest the original Siberia now as when I wear them for long duration they hurt my ears :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have mostly decided on buying AD700 for gaming with some movies. I am concerned about how much sound leakage it will have at medium volume ? I also intend to use it in office to listen to music and dont want to disturb the people sitting in the next cube ? Anyone can comment ?

^ Will you purchase a separate microphone for games?

Also, I doubt an office PC will be able to drive these to their full potential.

I have mostly decided on buying AD700 for gaming with some movies. I am concerned about how much sound leakage it will have at medium volume ? I also intend to use it in office to listen to music and dont want to disturb the people sitting in the next cube ? Anyone can comment ?

I have not tired ad700 but when i was reading about headphones for mypurchases. I did came across how awesome these headphone is but at the same time i read from many users that soundstage from the open can can be disturbing to others. one reason i did not go for it....as i mostly have in mind to use in travels and in train and all it can be very disturbing .

It has amazing soundstage. Its a great can ...from whatever i read.

If you want close one...you can look for ATH m50.....i own these. tbh i feel i still have to discover it...for now i would say it has imrpessed me as well disappointed me. But thousands of owners review i have gone through are all just praises for it.

What kinda of device you think is best to use these cans for full potential?? ....may be i am doing wrong listeningf my m50 on mp3 and iphone ...but whats best way to use them??

I already have a Old logitech headset lying around - i will either use that for microphone or buy a cheapo clip on / desktop one. Microphone quality is not that important anyway for voice chat - i dont play competitive. As far as driving them is concerned, most people dont say they require an amp. Maybe i will buy a Xonar card for home PC.

I have not tired ad700 but when i was reading about headphones for mypurchases. I did came across how awesome these headphone is but at the same time i read from many users that soundstage from the open can can be disturbing to others. one reason i did not go for it....as i mostly have in mind to use in travels and in train and all it can be very disturbing .

It has amazing soundstage. Its a great can ...from whatever i read.

If you want close one...you can look for ATH m50.....i own these. tbh i feel i still have to discover it...for now i would say it has imrpessed me as well disappointed me. But thousands of owners review i have gone through are all just praises for it.

What kinda of device you think is best to use these cans for full potential?? ....may be i am doing wrong listeningf my m50 on mp3 and iphone ...but whats best way to use them??

ATH M50's are kind of out of my budget - best i can find them is for around ~120$. I am finding a couple of demo/open box items on ebay for $98 but not so sure i want to go that route.

Another option which i find gets universal praise is Creative Aurvana Live ! / CAL 2. They are ~$75 for CAL1 & $105 for CAL! 2 - only the brand is a little bit unknown in this price range.

I think i am going to head down to Sennheiser showroom today to figure out Open vs Closed - how much does the sound leakage bother me. If it does - then probably CAL's. Otherwise AD700.

made this thread to do all the discussion abt gaming headphones...Posted some guides too...Please Discuss all gaming headphones related queries here.

Popular ones:-

1) Tritton Ax- 720

2) Tritton Ax pro

3) Astro- A 40

Turtle Beach PX5 & PX51 have taken a lot of audiences to another level. It is considered the best brand for gaming as well as for watching movies. It supports Dolby Digital. Now they also released the first DTS Headphones. But it's quite expensive.

I have a PX5 Headphone & They are amazing. For both PS3 aswell as PC.

Turtle Beach PX5 & PX51 have taken a lot of audiences to another level. It is considered the best brand for gaming as well as for watching movies. It supports Dolby Digital. Now they also released the first DTS Headphones. But it's quite expensive.

I have a PX5 Headphone & They are amazing. For both PS3 aswell as PC.

yes i know px5 is quite good. i mean whoever has got it here..just never stop praising it .

Talk to Abhinit about this Sir, I am not that much into headphones myself.

A good DAC would be warranted, in my opinion.

Archived