The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter

ScrewyAurum

• 1 month later...

First Look: Become a supernatural detective in the US midwest

TVoEC_ScreenShot_04.jpg

A lot has been written about The Astronauts’ use of photogrammetry technology to create Ethan Carter’s environments. Their artists take thousands of photos of an object, like a rock or a bridge, then feed it into software that turns it into a minutely detailed 3D model. The results are remarkable, but what about the game itself? I’ve seen an early build in action—roughly the first hour of the game—and it has some interesting ideas to go alongside those handsome visuals.

For the complete story, visit PCGamer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The game still debuts on PC in a few weeks, and only then comes to PS4 sometime next year.

We will be launching PC pre-orders very soon. Like, next week soon. Some cool extras will accompany this one and only Special Pre-Order Edition, so stay tuned for details.

The game still debuts on PC in a few weeks, and only then comes to PS4 sometime next year.

We will be launching PC pre-orders very soon. Like, next week soon. Some cool extras will accompany this one and only Special Pre-Order Edition, so stay tuned for details.

:punk:

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-Purchase The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - $19.99

Release date: September 25, 2014

Special Pre-Order Edition

Purchase The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Special Pre-Order Edition now and receive the following bonus items:

• Full Original Soundtrack
  • 4x exclusive HD wallpapers
  • Red Creek Valley digital map
  • "Making of" PDF album
  • Digital poster

You can preview the OST and the poster on the game's website here.

System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or equivalent AMD
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX9c compliant card with 512MB of VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 9 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX9c compliant

Also available on GOG.

I gave up PC gaming way back in 2001 or 2002 bro.... You could say I decided to stop chasing the next big thing... At that time AMD and INTEL were in an all out battle and I couldn't keep track or afford upgrades. I was one of those people who compulsively needed the latest... Couldn't afford it and finally stopped trying. Never looked back..... Till now... Hmmmm...

I gave up PC gaming way back in 2001 or 2002 bro.... You could say I decided to stop chasing the next big thing... At that time AMD and INTEL were in an all out battle and I couldn't keep track or afford upgrades. I was one of those people who compulsively needed the latest... Couldn't afford it and finally stopped trying. Never looked back..... Till now... Hmmmm...

Things are much easier now. I was all console from 2002 till last year when I bought a PC. Games run great (it really isn't complex at all) and are cheaper, plus I now have a complete bedroom entertainment system with it connected to a TV and sound bar.

I'll eventually buy a PS4, probably when the price drops or when there are enough decent games to justify a purchase. Till then I get games like Shadow of Mordor and Alien: Isolation for 999, not to mention all the indie titles and AAA games on sale on GMG.

Archived