Counter-strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO)

Karooo

So any word if the PS3 version will be Steamworks-enabled?

Lets see how well that turned out with Portal - Game was released when PSN was down, and efforts to include, free copy, account linking, cross-play...all wasted.

And CSGO is downloadable, proper shooter with uber skilled players on PC, giving free PC copy is a perk but cross-play makes no sense at all.

And CSGO is downloadable, proper shooter with uber skilled players on PC, giving free PC copy is a perk but cross-play makes no sense at all.

Why doesn't it make sense? The emphasis is on the console version this time, not PC. PC version is a port.

They could add M/K support for PS3 like Epic did with UT3. Not a big deal.

http://www.eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9969

Edited by Karooo

Why doesn't it make sense? The emphasis is on the console version this time, not PC. PC version is a port.

They could add M/K support for PS3 like Epic did with UT3. Not a big deal.

And I could imagine how messy that could turn out. PS3 players with DS3, PS3 players with k/m hookup and regular PC players, all ending up in one room, third set still pwning the first two handsomely.

Or they have to segregate players based on their input type/diverting them on different servers.

Coming back to update, yes, they can push more updates thru steam, fine.

So, they will send 2 big TUs on XBLA in a year cuz they have to go thru MS and 25 small random updates on PSN because they can, as a user I would prefer the first case anyday. And I am sure they can cut a deal with MS about update part, they cannot be as frequent as they want to, but they can do 2 updates in a year. They complain about TF2, so it all went fine with L4D?

And I could imagine how messy that could turn out. PS3 players with DS3, PS3 players with k/m hookup and regular PC players, all ending up in one room, third set still pwning the first two handsomely.

Or they have to segregate players based on their input type/diverting them on different servers.

It will have separate lobbies for k/m and controller users (if it supports crossplay, that is), just like UT3

So, they will send 2 big TUs on XBLA in a year cuz they have to go thru MS and 25 small random updates on PSN because they can, as a user I would prefer the first case anyday.

I'm sorry, come again?

This is what they want to do on the PS3 also, right?

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?feed=steam_updates&appids=620

And these are just fixes, they want updates as in to add new stuff as well.

Lol why would they apply PC specific updates to PS3? They never said both versions will get fixes at the same time, its just there to bypasses PSN legalities and save time. And when it comes to MP fixes and features, I'll take incremental frequent updates over waiting for 6 months for one giant cumulative update any day, I thought that was the general opinion too :huh:

So, they will send 2 big TUs on XBLA in a year cuz they have to go thru MS and 25 small random updates on PSN because they can, as a user I would prefer the first case anyday. And I am sure they can cut a deal with MS about update part, they cannot be as frequent as they want to, but they can do 2 updates in a year. They complain about TF2, so it all went fine with L4D?

If it was as simple as that then TF2 on the consoles wouldn't have failed as much as it did. And L4D doesn't get anywhere near the amount of updates as CS and TF2 .

I didn't mean PS3 version to have all PC updates, I just wanted to show how frequent they are on the PC.

I don't know how many updates they had for PS3 since launch and how many of them couldn't make it to 360, because of TU restriction. I reckon that PSN was down for a long time after the release and P2 isn't MP centric and updates could be a lot less comparatively, but still.

But then there are some unanswered questions

- When there is so strong focus on consoles (360 and PS3), how could valve be partial about major updates to one console?

Lets say 360 ends up getting a much bigger active userbase, which in all likelyhood it could, can valve keep updating PS3 (and PC) while keeping 360 players on long wait, especially when they ran out of free TUs on 360?

So if they really feel concerned that without the updates titles could end up being like TF2, why to dev for the platform where the game would die within a year, in the first place?

so any chance that this game will be beefy in da graphics department? I hope so...

but then again if its a psn release then i cant imagine it to match up to the likes of disc based main stream shooters like CoD n others...

or am i completely wrong? :fear:

This is how we went for me in college

7am: go to college

7am-9:30am: do nothing or eat idli chilly in college

9:45: GTFO from college to the nearest cyber cafe

10:am onwards : calling ur frnds 'chh*tad cause he uses auto-sniper' and playing de_dust all day.

haha de_dust or de_dust2... which was the map where the terrorist snipers cud snipe the counter-terrorsits as they made their way thru the quarter open door....

man i loved doing that.... :devil:

any1 pops their head around that door n bam headshot... :rofl:

haha de_dust or de_dust2... which was the map where the terrorist snipers cud snipe the counter-terrorsits as they made their way thru the quarter open door....

man i loved doing that.... :devil:

any1 pops their head around that door n bam headshot... :rofl:

That sh*t was awesome . :rofl:

f**king Campers :chair: