Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

The Dark Knight Rises: 10/10

Liked it more than The Dark Knight because it focused more on Batman rather than the villain.

This

While we are still at the topic, for fun sake, how would you rate the cast of TDKR?

Me;

JGL

Oldman

Bale

Hardy

Freeman

Caine (I love this guy, he made me cried twice, would have easily put him on top if he had a bit more screen time)

Hathaway

Cotillard

Bale (He was at his American psycho Best )

Oldman

JGL

Hardy

Freeman

Caine

Hathway==Cotillard

lol, im just waiting for someone to come in here and tell me im wrong and a hater

:chair: You are a hater :P j/k

No one has said the movie was bad .The worst I have heard is that it was good but not at TDKs level.That was bound to happen as people who loved TDK were always going to miss the magic of the Joker (He is irreplaceable )

Another reason that you may not have liked it as much as TDK is cause theres too many new characters and each character has been given decent development time and because of the character development the movie does not flow through as fast as TDK did .The TDK had just 2 major character developments and this 1 had 4 major characters and some more minor characters .

For me its the ending that makes it pass TDK and Begins .I prefer Begins over TDK

:chair: You are a hater :P j/k

No one has said the movie was bad .The worst I have heard is that it was good but not at TDKs level.That was bound to happen as people who loved TDK were always going to miss the magic of the Joker (He is irreplaceable )

Another reason that you may not have liked it as much as TDK is cause theres too many new characters and each character has been given decent development time and because of the character development the movie does not flow through as fast as TDK did .The TDK had just 2 major character developments and this 1 had 4 major characters and some more minor characters .

For me its the ending that makes it pass TDK and Begins .I prefer Begins over TDK

read my post in the spoiler thread.

A Batman movie is not only about Batman, its about every character with him. As you said, not every character is giving enough dev time to flesh it out.

Just got back from an IMAX show of TDKR... epic doesn't cover it. Simply brilliant.

Heck, Caine almost made me cry. Gotta watch it again in an even bigger IMAX theater if I get the chance.

The two previews shown that I liked were the superman trailer and an exclusive Skyfall sneak peek (it was pretty much as long as a full trailer).

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

Watched Rises yesterday.Mind Blown.totally.absolutely brilliant.as soon as it finished it got instant claps and a standing ovation from not only me but from almost everyone.the best thing was that every character was handled so well.direction was top notch.And holy moly the twist in the end was :wOOtjumpy: will go 1 more time :bigyellowgrin: This was the best in the trilogy according to me.superb yaar maza aa gaya.

^^he is so BOSS. and always will be B)

I don't kbow why so much hate about snyder. He is a good director. Loved his movies. In fact, I am worried abhout snyder and nolan. It could be their first 'bad' movie. Especially nolan. It will be an amazing challenge.

Nolan and snyder, two awesome man vs. Superman who is able to take anyone's carrier down to zero :lol:

Acc to Critics and fans, Joel Shumacher literally killed Batman franchise with Batman and Robin movie :lol: :lol:

220px-Batman_%26_robin_poster.jpg

3.6 rating IMBD.....You can't deny the fact that Nolan saved Batman franchise with Batman Begins...

Nolan single handedly saving all DC comics superheroes :P

Edited by Zodak™

^I would love to see you shut the hell up when Man of Steel releases. That teaser alone is enough to make it clear that it is a movie that will do justice to Superman.

wtf, it didn't even hype me :|

also, f**k Superman, just came back from TDKR, mind blown, senses numb, eyes shut, respiration stopped, multiple ejaculations! HOLY f**king ZOMFGWTFBBQASS SHIAT MOFOS! :happydance:

this was the Ultimate, nothing more nothing less, oh and IIMAX watch is must if anyone is living in Mumbai or even nearby Mumbai, u just f**king owe it to yourself otherwise your life has no meaning (read, chullu bhar paani mein doob maro)

10/10