Diablo 3

Aftrunner

ah what ? no console version.. will have to spend another 20 grand play this game when it comes out then.. To upgrade the rig.

I highly doubt that. Blizzard is usually cautious with system requirements. Heck, its one of the reasons why WoW is so popular because pretty much ANY system can play it.

Has GameTrailers uploaded the new footage yet? Eurogamer.net keeps giving me a timed-out.

Already did, site opens but I can't download anything without the file getting interrupted (and resuming it never seems to work). Oh well, I've already seen all the available footage. I just wanted to download it and show it off to my colleagues at work. :lol:

Ahh i remember when i used to see my bro play Diablo 2...used to love the the videos at the beginning of each Act :(

exactly man those videos i was absouletly crazy bout them but diablo 3 omg my fav game is back infact the best game ever n pc exclusive tooo

GameTrailers has their Diablo III page up.

Also, a brief rundown on what's known so far (courtesy of 1up.com):

The Story

Here's how Blizzard describes it: "It has been twenty years since the events of Diablo II. Of those who faced the Lords of Hatred, Terror, and Destruction in the battle over the fate of Sanctuary, there are few still living who can bear to remember the horrors that the Prime Evils wrought upon the world. And of those who did not witness the terrible events firsthand, most believe the stories to be little more than myth. But something evil is stirring once again in Tristram, and it may already have claimed its first victim: Deckard Cain... When Deckard Cain returns to the ruins of Tristram's Cathedral seeking clues to new stirrings of evil, a comet from the heavens strikes the very ground where Diablo once entered the world. The comet carries a dark omen in its fiery being and it calls the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells -- and even the failing luminaries of the High Heavens itself."

The Classes:

Five character classes will be included in the game, two of which have been shown so far. The barbarian returns and has been completely redone with new skills and the witch doctor is new to the game. You'll be able to create male and female characters for all of the five classes. According to Blizzard, Diablo III will offer far more customization options than were available in the previous games.

The Characters:

We know Deckard Cain returns, and Blizzard has said that several characters from the previous games will also be present in addition to new ones.

The Locations:

Diablo III returns to Tristam and certain other locations from the previous games, plus we'll see new areas of Sanctuary.

The Gameplay:

As with the shift to a sleek new graphics engine for StarCraft 2, Diablo III offers far better visuals but attempts to retain the same great gameplay found in the previous titles. According to Blizzard, the game will build on the random environments of the prior installments by introducing new ways to generate random scripted events. Blizzard is also promising lots more interactivity in the environments, including plenty of destructible elements and the ability to use the environment against enemies (including setting traps). In terms of game modes, Diablo III naturally offers both single-player and multiplayer. According to Blizzard, Battle.net has been "wickedly-enhanced" to make connecting with others easier and to make co-op play more fun (we can't wait to see what they've come up with).

The Release Date:

It's too early to say, but Blizzard plans to release the game simultaneously in as many regions as possible. It will also be available on PC and Mac simultaneously.

Thank god they retained the 3/4 top-down view and did'nt try something like 'Hellgate'.

It's going to be a long hard wait till the release date.

So, so right. I think it could have been dicey even if the view point was like Neverwinter nights 2. Isometric top down view works brilliantly and it looks fantastic without taxing a lot of computer hardware (which I guess has always been the Blizzard philosphy). And co op is just going to be the icing on the cake.

BTW the best comment on the game announcement I read was "I'll have to re-negotiate my work contract and marriage terms...".

OMG!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU BLIZZARD!!

I need to crack some beers now!

And thank you for not making it an MMO and keeping the isometric view! Time to buy a new mouse!