The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

But is it like, real 4k is my question. What in the specs do I have to look for?

That LG 40 inch 4K tv? Yes its real 4K but it can only do max 30fps in 4K mode. So you cannot use it as a computer monitor in native 4K to play games. For normal TV viewing its good tv. But at 40 inches the difference between 1080p and 4K is hardly noticeable. So if you're getting a good discount then go for it otherwise go for 1080p tv. Philips has 40 inch 1080p for around 30k.

Bhai,,

Kiska Picture quality dum dhaar hai?

Plasma, LCD or LED?

Deep black and high contrast are advantages of Plasma. LED is a type of LCD only so the picture quality of LCD and LED is the same unless you are buying one of the full backlit array LED tv which would offer better picture quality than an edge lit LED tv.

Then there's OLED tv which have the best picture quality among every display technology available however its still very expensive. I saw a 55 inch LG OLED tv for 1.5 lac discounted from its original 2.5 lac price on Flipkart a few days ago. Its worth the price i think but do keep in mind its full HD not 4K but again nothing can match its picture quality.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bhai log, time has come to start get a big screen TV.

Was looking at 47+ sizes and really liked the Sony 48in W60B series, was for 75k.

Then today found Philips 50PFL4758, 50inch led TV for 49k. It's not smart tv but the price is tempting. I often see Philips screen going for cheaper price but how good are these?

Bhai log, time has come to start get a big screen TV.

Was looking at 47+ sizes and really liked the Sony 48in W60B series, was for 75k.

Then today found Philips 50PFL4758, 50inch led TV for 49k. It's not smart tv but the price is tempting. I often see Philips screen going for cheaper price but how good are these?

I would say go for LG if you can find one that suits you. Excellent customer care services (as far as tvs are concerned) and brilliant pq .

I did check out

I would say go for LG if you can find one that suits you. Excellent customer care services (as far as tvs are concerned) and brilliant pq .

Did see LG and Samsung screens too at the stores but the reason I mentioned Sony ka that particular model, 48" W60B, is coz of th eprice they were offering. Seems to be stock clearing price but the quality and fetures were pretty good for 74k.

Philips I checled again, not lot of connectivity options and couldnt find proper reviews for it.

If you are looking for good quality tvs at good prices,panasonic and toshiba are also there.

Dint get to see Panasonic and Toshiba at the stores I visited so far.

I did check out

Did see LG and Samsung screens too at the stores but the reason I mentioned Sony ka that particular model, 48" W60B, is coz of th eprice they were offering. Seems to be stock clearing price but the quality and fetures were pretty good for 74k.

Philips I checled again, not lot of connectivity options and couldnt find proper reviews for it.

Dint get to see Panasonic and Toshiba at the stores I visited so far.

Both offer quality tvs at cheap (relatively) prices.

Hi folks. I'm in the market for a 55" 3d TV preferably UHD. Budget : 1.5 - 2.5L.

Any suggestions?

I have zeroed in on a few models

1) Samsung HU9000

2) Samsung JS9000

3) SonyKD-55X8500B

4) A few ones from LG

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Is micromax good for ps3 gaming?

Those 40 and 49 inch Led tvs they give?

Please suggest a good gaming tv for ps3, a little low on budget.

For the price that they are offering, its an absolute steal. Got myself the 50inch one a month back. Have a ps3 n ps4 connected to it. Really good stuff.

Sent from my OnePlus One

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread