Advice/Suggestion Needed for restoration of Game Disc

Spacescreamer

My GoW Collection game disc has developed cracks on the center eye/hole and i am skeptical of playing the game now.

The cracks are not on the data area but just on the clear plastic in the center.

I think putting a super glue will do the trick but few doubts crop up..

1) The disc would be subjected to spinning @ high speeds which means heat will be generated. If this leads to super glue to flake/liquidify

its gonna be a problem for my ps3.

2) Is the super glue corrosive in nature?

if that is the case, another possible hazard in the waiting.

Posting here to garner some advice as maybe some member might have been in similar situation..

Pls do suggest me a solution. Thanks in advance.

Ditch the game. Using Super Glue and putting it into a PS3 is huge risk. For 1299 bucks game your 20k costing PS3 might be damaged. If you like the game that much, get the game from TP. Its selling very cheap, around 600 bucks.

Yea the disc i recd had the crack already and i am very disappointed with the outcome.

Seller was very co operative and i dont think i should put the blame on him regarding concealing of any detail. I didnt asked for a pic of the center eye of the disc and also other accounts of the disc condition were true that he mentioned. Maybe the disc indeed got the cracks while in the transit.. but how to really 'sort' it out is something even i am not very clear about.. no history of such incident has been recorded. I have asked a mod here how to go about it and he wasnt too clear about the matter as well.

Maybe this thread will help me on this front.

Nah . Dont use glue and all , it will damage u r disc drive .

The centre plastic part breaking is a common thing btw . U can still play. I have one of the game whose centre part broke out but it is working flawlessly

Nah . Dont use glue and all , it will damage u r disc drive .

The centre plastic part breaking is a common thing btw . U can still play. I have one of the game whose centre part broke out but it is working flawlessly

Even i have a game that has slight crack on the center of the disc but it works perfectly...infact i finished the game without any issues....I dont see any problem with that it should work just like any normal disc....but yea it does kinda hurt when there is something like that on the disc...

My friend had original NOLF disc for PC which got some crack in the middle and he put it into his disc drive and BAM his disc was shattered. Luckily his drive was alright.

thats exactly wat i meant to say..what if the disc gets breaked up inside the drive.......

Archived