What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

Damn CAD is really marketing this up. Anyway, is Kindle officially launched in India ? And CAD, does it support word/pdf/.xls files ? I know this might sound a bit stupid, but does it play music :P ?

I think its better to wait and watch until blackberry playbook and the hp tablet releases. Prices might come down.

i don't think the kindle would in any way be affected by any tablets releasing now. at that price, and with e-ink, it's most definitely a dedicated reading device. their new ads show so too.

Damn CAD is really marketing this up. Anyway, is Kindle officially launched in India ? And CAD, does it support word/pdf/.xls files ? I know this might sound a bit stupid, but does it play music :P ?

I think its better to wait and watch until blackberry playbook and the hp tablet releases. Prices might come down.

Damn CAD is really marketing this up.

Well, I was a skeptic myself but the more I am using it, the more I am loving it. Almost got KOX on the wagon and I see Bul could be swayed as well. Hop on Ne0. :D

Anyway, is Kindle officially launched in India ?

If by official you mean it being sold at a special price point in Indian currency, then no, I do not think so. But you can still order it from Amazon (AFAIK, it is not available in stores anywhere in the world) and have it delievred to your Indian address. 3G works; that much has been confirmed by MT. That too no data charges at all for getting books online and free for life. Wi-Fi would anyways work from anywhere in the world, so Amazon's Whispernet will be accessible everywhere.

And CAD, does it support word/pdf/.xls files ?

Hmmm....I know it has native support for TXT files. Amazon gives you two options. The first one is that it can convert these documents and send it to your Kindle email address, which then will wirelessly deliver the converted document to your Kindle. For this they charge a small fee. Or you can ask them to convert and send it to another email address which is free but you will have to manually connect and download to your Kindle.

The best option is to use Calibre. It is free, it is practically open and it converts virtually everything under the sun into many, many devices including Kindle, Nook, Plam Tops, iPhone, iPad etc. Not sure about the support for .xls file though.

I know this might sound a bit stupid, but does it play music :P ?

It does but it is in Experimental Mode at the moment. You can't shuffle, you can forward or rewind or do any of the things that a normal PMP allows you to do. It will just play the tracks one at a time and you can raise or decrease the volume. It can also play the songs while you are reading a book, in case you like soft instrumental music while you browse through a book. Very basic feature which *might* be upgraded in future.

Kindle just got a price-cut. Another one will take a while to come. Besides, Kindle is not really in the same league as the PlayBook or iPad. You can expect a price-cut in iPad but for all I know, Kindle orice will not be budging for a while to come, atleast not until the next variant comes out.

Last week's haul.

LG Refrigerator - To keep the gaming beverages cold.

LG Dirct Drive Washing Machine - Very quiet to wash all those portal t-shirts <-- 10 year warranty

iPod Touch 4th Gen - Because iPhone 4 isnt enough

Lay-z-Boy - Because it was my childhood dream and those crappy cheap recliners just dont cut it. <-- 10 year warranty

Sony Bravia BX400 - Yes I has TV now

Bunch of Furniture - You know to keep stuff on, and JC Denton needs to put his beer somewhere.

Buffalo 300GN Router - To wifyey the house

Damn I've almost spent all my money in the last two weeks, baccha settle ho raha hai :D

Got to get a speaker system, iPod Dock (AirPlay compatable) and a LCD for the laptop (also gaming mouse/keyboard) do suggest. Pics will be up soon.

Last week's haul.

LG Refrigerator - To keep the gaming beverages cold.

LG Dirct Drive Washing Machine - Very quiet to wash all those portal t-shirts <-- 10 year warranty

iPod Touch 4th Gen - Because iPhone 4 isnt enough

Lay-z-Boy - Because it was my childhood dream and those crappy cheap recliners just dont cut it. <-- 10 year warranty

Sony Bravia BX400 - Yes I has TV now

Bunch of Furniture - You know to keep stuff on, and JC Denton needs to put his beer somewhere.

Buffalo 300GN Router - To wifyey the house

Damn I've almost spent all my money in the last two weeks, baccha settle ho raha hai :D

Got to get a speaker system, iPod Dock (AirPlay compatable) and a LCD for the laptop (also gaming mouse/keyboard) do suggest. Pics will be up soon.

:clapping: Wonderful buys...

Now how about a comparative analysis of your experience with the iPhone 4 vs the iPod touch 4th gen...

^^

Woot.. Robbery or Dowry??? :scratchchin:

:lol: The ninja has spoken

^^

Woot.. Robbery or Dowry??? :scratchchin:

If you're for real post a pic holding a sign that has my name on it. This thread is all about pics.

The latter.

Happy beech? I spent my bike money :console:

:clapping: Wonderful buys...

Now how about a comparative analysis of your experience with the iPhone 4 vs the iPod touch 4th gen...

:lol: The ninja has spoken

Forgot to add

XBOX 360 Slim - Arriving tonight

iPad Dock and Invisible Shield

Maybe Logitech Z5500/ Altec Lansing MX5021 (cant decide)

The iPod touch is great, actually I never really wanted a iPhone 4 badly, its totally acceptable for me to carry it around with my Blackberry, just got shafted on google mobile app where Google did the stupidity of not including iPod touch 4th Gen for Goggles. The rear camera is crap absolute crap compared to the iPhone 4's. the front camera is better.

Will post all pics together, the Lay-Z-Boy should be in a week.

Edited by Quickdraw