Dead Space 2

Keyofx

DEAD SPACE 2 NEW DETAILS

GameInfromer has giving some new details about Dead Space 2

link: http://www.blpgaming.com/beta/news/203/dea...-2-new-details/

The latest issue of GameInfromer magazine gave some new details about Dead Space 2. The locations in Dead Space 2 are now much larger. You’ll be playing in Sprawl, a space station built by one of Saturn’s moon shards. Isaac Clarke the games main character is getting upgraded as well. He’ll be talking now, instead of doing heavy breathing.

"He's a little bit more of a veteran, and he's going to have a voice," executive producer Steve Papoutsis told GameInformer magazine. "He's going to relate through dialogue and story, and have more of a take-charge attitude this time around."

The combat will remain roughly the same, with new added weapons. One new weapon is the javelin gun, which will keep players from relying too much on the plasma cutter. The pacing of the game is also changed, you won’t feel as vulnerable. There will be times where you will feel more powerful then the enemies.

The games developers have confirmed online components for Dead Space 2, but did not go into details.

"From the start of this project, we've had a team of people working on this. It's a core feature to the game; we're taking it very serious, as we do with anything in the Dead Space franchise, said Papoutsis. "All I can say is that it's really fun, and you'll get to strategically dismember your friends."

• 2 weeks later...

2703.ds2char.jpg

1.Helmet: Isaac’s helmet isn’t just a bucket over his head. When he wants to take it off, it splits in half and separates into several pieces, folding into the front and back and back of his suit. Players will see this process multiple times, since Isaac will be talking to people face-to-face in Dead Space 2.

2.Holographic Interface: Like the original Dead Space, Isaac’s objectives and inventory will be accessed in real-time via a holograph projection.

3.Boots: Equipped with toe and heel jets for maneuverability in zero gravity, this advanced footwear will be good for more than generating echoing footsteps.

4.Control Wings: With the increased presence of zero-G combat in Dead Space 2, jumping from point to point won’t cut it anymore. These wings extend and assist Isaac with navigating in a weightless environment.

5.RIG Projector: Isaac’s health and stasis level are now displayed as holograms on his back, though they will retain the bright blue color to make them visible in the dark corridors. The team at Visceral says it is considering “different models” for stasis in Dead Space 2, which may mean that the power recharges slowly instead of depleting.

6.Armored Plating: A few bands of rusty metal may be enough protection for your average engineer, but this suit is designed to handle combat. The armored plating makes it more difficult for the Necromorphs to sink their claws into Isaac.

Filed under: Feature, Dead Space, EA, Visceral Games, 201, dead space 2

Games Mentioned In This Article

• 2 weeks later...
Woah! Looks amazing. I am guessing thats the PC version running at high settings.

Is that a city backdrop in the 2nd and 3rd shot?

The game is set in a city called the Sprawl, and not a ship this time around.

• 1 month later...

EA: Dead Space 2 Will Have Modern Warfare-Level Action

The company says its survival horror sequel is less survival and more action; compares the game's intensity to Modern Warfare and Uncharted.

Last December, Electronic Arts revealed that internal studio Visceral Games was underway with a sequel to the acclaimed survival horror title Dead Space. Then, the publisher said that series hero Isaac Clarke would prove more aggressive and that the sequel would also include a new online mode.

Speaking to IGN, senior vice president and head of Visceral Games, Nick Earl, offered a few more details about the anticipated project -- namely, that action and polish are at the forefront of the sequel. Earl even compared the effort with two non-EA franchises known for their undiluted intensity.

"I can tell you that we're a little more focused on action horror as opposed to survival horror. We just created a really beautiful sequence that we're showing internally -- we haven't showed it externally yet, but we will get it out there soon -- that I think speaks to the high voltage nature of the game," he said. "Some really strong action sequences that I think are on par with the level that we're seeing in the Modern Warfare series and with the level that we're seeing in Uncharted. Just beautiful, visual imagery and very electric action."

He also said that Dead Space 2 will see further polish, "... which is saying a lot since Dead Space was so highly rated."

While he wouldn't yet talk about any more specifics, he did say that the experience would prove "jaw-dropping in terms of scale and scope."

"I feel very confident about where Dead Space is. I can tell you that we're not resting on our laurels. We're going very, very aggressively to take it to the next level," said Earl.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1067171p1.html

more action and less horror ???

/sonofabitch /!!

the original dead space was not a silent hill as well, how could they possibly make it more action and less horror w/o butchering the concept ??

and they are saying as if its a good thing :|

I am ok with more action less horror but modern warfare like action means more cinematics and fast paced combat. Hell no, its not UC. But still one thing that I really really want in DS2 is deep leveling up system. I just hope they wont f**k up with that, oh and yeah the SP length I don't want another 8 hours action game

Archived