DmC Devil May Cry

pArth

OMG milol is reviewing teh game..

This is going to be fun fun fun ...... 4/10 confirmed ... yay :devil:/>/>

...If game is fun then he will give it a good score...I don't think he will give 4/10 just coz Dante looks different or his hair color is different lol....

Sites like Eurogamer ,GS , Joystiq and Giantbomb all are giving it a good score...Looks like each nd every site is paid by Capcom :P/>

...If game is fun then he will give it a good score...I don't think he will give 4/10 just coz Dante looks different or his hair color is different lol....

Sites like Eurogamer ,GS , Joystiq and Giantbomb all are giving it a good score...Looks like each nd every site is paid by Capcom :P/>/>

Who knows? Maybe Capcom were scared the game might bomb because of all the negative reactions it was getting :P

I'm sure there will be some obscure reviewer somewhere crawling out of the woodwork with a review that looks something like "emo Dante sucks, i no like crappy dialogue, game is sh*t, 3/10 score lolz"

And you can all be like "omg the real review is here!!1! f**k all the other reviewers, they took Capcom's money"

That indeed would be a real review. And look at n00bs saying dante is different just because of his hair color :lol:/>

also suddenly all the reviewers are trustworthy :lol: if this dante fits in the world they created then they didn't create true DMC world. RIP DMC RIP Dante :(. *beep* you NT *beep* you CAPCOM. Thank God we don't have Onimusha this gen.

massive lol @ people who act as if the company (capcom) owes them a game that stems from their image of 'cool' wraped in 2005 period when dmc3 was released.

dante was never cool in the silent badass way, he was always the over the top cheesy balls out trippin' cool character. in simpler words, dante is the roger moore version of james bond rather than daniel craig. and that works for him. the game where he was shown as a brooding and silent character (dmc2) failed tits up.

all that i am seeing here is bunch of men pushing 30 who are refusing to let go of the past, refusing to acknowledge that the very reasons they are using (in a sheep mentality) to hate a game- cheese, immaturity, over the topness- are not dissimilar to the ones that made the previous games (dmc 1&3) cool when they played them in their late teens or early twenties.

take off your nostalgia tinted glasses and show me one, ONE example from dmc 1,3 or 4 where dante acted like a genuine mature badass. this new game has a bit more swearing but that is because it shows a teen dante and frankly which one of us did not partake in a carefree 'behen***d' with gay abandon in our early to mid teens ?

even then, if your ego doesnt allow you to not hate the game, newsflash... people who have a carrer out of playing them like it, hoardes of buyers like it and if if it sells well, the company would make more of it. if your mere existance is theretened by this game, well then, tough tomatoes.

I'm sure there will be some obscure reviewer somewhere crawling out of the woodwork with a review that looks something like "emo Dante sucks, i no like crappy dialogue, game is sh*t, 3/10 score lolz"

And you can all be like "omg the real review is here!!1! f**k all the other reviewers, they took Capcom's money"

Exactly. It's basically "EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME ARE PAID GREEDY WHORES"

Just to clear I am 21+. Now, on topic you think smoking and swearing and showing your dick to the world makes you look cool? By that logic old dante was not cool at all. And he doesn't look like a 'teen' from anywhere. Few amount of 'f**k' word is fine. But what is "*beep* you" "*beep* you" and "f**k youuuuuuu........"? Just because there are twisting roads and a better artwork. It doesn't mean

Of course, Old dante was over-the-top action type guy but does that make him a f**ktard who shows his dick, smokes and say '*beep* you' to everyone? The things that made him great are gone.

And perhaps you don't know Dante's face have changed in every DMC game. Go ahead google them you'll find the differences. From DMC1 to 2 not much but still there was a change, he looked a bit older. DMC2 to DMC3 a lot of change (best look IMO). DMC3 to DMC4 total make-over. Still, he looked like 'dante' and everyone accepted it. No one has problem in change but change has to be reasonable. If you make kratos to be a happy smiling philanthropist who only kill when need then of course we are gonna complaint. You can clearly see people who are enjoying this game never liked DMC series and thinks it was nothing to take serious type of franchise.

As you can clearly see that this type of pathetic sequels affects previous games too. Apparantly just because of this game people are saying that old DMC games were cheezy and this a 'mature version' of DMC (seriously?? a more mature version?? No one can deny the fact that its much more cheezier than older games). Dante was never a good character etc. Also, even NT made fun of old look. Have you seen that video where a white wig falls on Dante's head and he says "Not in a million years" what the *bleep* is this. They are creating a new game, Ok but making fun of old look :doh: They are over-confident in their work :doh:

Here People play a game like SCC and says that its the best SC game :doh: just because they never liked slow and stealthy way of playing games :doh:

^Repped. Played DMC 3 HD Collection. Wow that game feels fast. Real fast. I got my a*s handed to me on Normal difficulty by the 1st boss.

I think we have had too much discussion over the new Dante and his looks. All I can see in this topic are:

1. DMC fans who are pissed off by the new look

2. Other gamers who have never played any DMC game or never liked any DMC game before and are just posting BS to troll us OR they have no idea what they are talking about OR they are totally sick and bored of our whining.

I mean these guys have never even hit a SSS style combo in a DMC game before, they dont even know the names of weapons of Dante, or Virgil, or even who the f**k is Virgil etc. So why argue with them?

The anger of the fans is justified. Remember the rage in SCC thread due to bastardization of SCC? If Sony decides to make Kratos a haired dude with french beard and shooting guns, then fans will whine as well. Still there will be new crop of members who will some how justify embracing Sony Santa Monica and old fans must let go blah blah. What sense will that make?

So, let us focus on this game and it's gameplay and keep that fanboy BS aside.

I played one level and it was AWESOME. Shitty combat aside, there is some fun to be had in this game. I mean whoa. The battle was on a glass ceiling and it breaks if we fight on it for too long. The enemies are flyers, so it recommended to stay in air for long time. I completed that fight by almost staying in the air for entire time.

Also the Eryx is pretty badass. Not as cool as Beauwulf, but still packs a punch. The fatties are a cake walk and the new enemy Rage is also easy to dispatch. Still my hands are craving for a proper lengthy combo. I mean the joy of clearing the whole room with one freaking SSS combo chained together is very very rare in this game. It is like they made a fighting game a QTE.

I think I will get the PC version and see if the 60 fps adds more fun to this game.

Dante and other DMC fans, give this game a try. It is a better hack and slash out there.

Destructoid: 9/10

http://www.destructoid.com/review-dmc-devil-may-cry-242002.phtml

You can argue DmC's merits as a Devil May Cry entry all the live long day. You can bicker over whether or not it deserves the share a name with the series' frankly spotty past. This, however, is not an argument I choose to indulge, because the bottom line is that DmC: Devil May Cry is a beautiful, bold, and supremely enjoyable videogame in its own right. It deserves to be praised.

Action games may come deeper and harder than this, but few are as pleasurable.

- Jim Sterling

^Repped. Played DMC 3 HD Collection. Wow that game feels fast. Real fast. I got my a*s handed to me on Normal difficulty by the 1st boss.

I think we have had too much discussion over the new Dante and his looks. All I can see in this topic are:

1. DMC fans who are pissed off by the new look

2. Other gamers who have never played any DMC game or never liked any DMC game before and are just posting BS to troll us OR they have no idea what they are talking about OR they are totally sick and bored of our whining.

I mean these guys have never even hit a SSS style combo in a DMC game before, they dont even know the names of weapons of Dante, or Virgil, or even who the f**k is Virgil etc. So why argue with them?

The anger of the fans is justified. Remember the rage in SCC thread due to bastardization of SCC? If Sony decides to make Kratos a haired dude with french beard and shooting guns, then fans will whine as well. Still there will be new crop of members who will some how justify embracing Sony Santa Monica and old fans must let go blah blah. What sense will that make?

So, let us focus on this game and it's gameplay and keep that fanboy BS aside.

I played one level and it was AWESOME. Shitty combat aside, there is some fun to be had in this game. I mean whoa. The battle was on a glass ceiling and it breaks if we fight on it for too long. The enemies are flyers, so it recommended to stay in air for long time. I completed that fight by almost staying in the air for entire time.

Also the Eryx is pretty badass. Not as cool as Beauwulf, but still packs a punch. The fatties are a cake walk and the new enemy Rage is also easy to dispatch. Still my hands are craving for a proper lengthy combo. I mean the joy of clearing the whole room with one freaking SSS combo chained together is very very rare in this game. It is like they made a fighting game a QTE.

I think I will get the PC version and see if the 60 fps adds more fun to this game.

Dante and other DMC fans, give this game a try. It is a better hack and slash out there.

I will definitely play it :cheers: Hacknslash games are very rare this gen and this looks cool as one. Honestly, those videos make me feel like playing as it has (obviously) a DMC feel. Even if it is 1% of DMC good then I am gonna play it :cheers:

I mean these guys have never even hit a SSS style combo in a DMC game before, they dont even know the names of weapons of Dante, or Virgil, or even who the f**k is Virgil

You know what they say about assumptions.... :giggle:

Edit: Oh wait, you probably don't. I don't expect that level of intelligence from you :|

Archived