PSN Maintainance on 1st March - Gaming Even Prohibited!

PlayStation Network Regular Scheduled Maintenance on Thursday March 1st.

PlayStation Network will undergo a significant maintenance period on Thursday, March 1st. Maintenance is expected to start at just after 8:00 am Pacific and will last for several hours, until approximately 10pm Pacific.

Unlike typical maintenance events, consumers who are already signed-in to PSN will be signed-out, and consumers will be unable to sign in for the duration of the maintenance window.

During this time, users won't be able to access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home, Account Management or play online.

PSN enabled websites will not be able to service users, including this one. Please stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for a notice when PSN is fully back online.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Source

Semi-misleading title... I was just about to come in here and rant about how they can revoke our single-player gaming "rights" :P

But 14 hours isn't that big of a deal to be restricted from using their online services...

I remember sometime in the past once there was this bug with the "DATE" system in PS3 and it disabled access to PSN for everyone. Was it the last Leap year? I think so...

But it had something to do with the leap year, the date and it happened in feb only IIRC. 2012 is a leap year & it's 29th feb today...

Could it be for the same reason? Sony's escape from yet another dumb embarrassment? :giggle:

Archived