The Android Thread

pArth

guys, can you please recommend good earphones .... will be using during travel to/from office mainly ....

main requirements

1. noise cancellation

2. in-ear

don't want too pricey stuff , budget $40

One task is for switching off media volume when I open any game.

Don't you have to define this separately, in Tasker, for each game/app though? Like, if you downloaded a new game, you'd have to go to Tasker and add that to the list of apps that trigger the event?

guys, can you please recommend good earphones .... will be using during travel to/from office mainly ....

main requirements

1. noise cancellation

2. in-ear

If you are buying in ear, noise cancellation is redundant. Anyways it goes into the ear canals, so most of the outside noise is blocked out.

I tested a whole lot of earphones before narrowing down on Audio Technica CKM500.

I tested everything from Shure, klipsch, to Beats. And i liked this only.

• Like 1

If you are buying in ear, noise cancellation is redundant. Anyways it goes into the ear canals, so most of the outside noise is blocked out.

I tested a whole lot of earphones before narrowing down on Audio Technica CKM500.

Hey me thinking of buying it too. Did you compare it with the Klipsch S4A ?? I had one and returned it since the right bud stopped working.

The audio tech doesnt have a headset button . Or is there a model that has one?

Edit : Just found one that does , hopefully works on Android http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-CKM500ISRD--Ear-Headphones-Smartphone/dp/B00827LJ80/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1374474620&sr=1-9&keywords=ATH-CKM500

Edited by Shadoken

yeah, u r right .... noise cancellation is redundant i think with in ear earphones .... i'll check on this, but can u recommend some more. The exact model may not be available in the place i live .... good to have some options ..... also, this particular model is way over my budget .... i'm looking something in the range of $40 or so ....

Edited by Ne0

main requirements

1. noise cancellation

2. in-ear

Following, should be cheaper considering you are just opposite China as of now and all sound better than any 'branded' option at the same price-point,

Here is a quick reference guide for all the above IEM's vis-á-vis various other 'branded / unbranded' options floating in the market, Joker's IEM comparison list @Head-Fi.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Edited by ALPHA17

Finally starting to use Tasker. I've been trying hard to find ways to make it useful to me.

Currently, I have two profiles.

1. Turn Silent mode On when connected to Work WiFi. Turn Silent Mode Off when disconnected from the WiFi.

2. Pop up Menu of apps when headphones are plugged in. Also, reduce Media volume to 30%.

:scratchchin: what else do I need?

@athek,

is that buzz launcher / homepack ?

I have one q on that, when i'm about to add a widget on screen, it gives a message saying 'buzz launcher can access data from this widget'. I'm not sure why it needs access to data of the widget ? For ex: if i add the gmail widget, can it read my emails ? My gmail is spammed as it is already, don't want to add more to it. I'm still a bit unsure about making it my primary launcher for this reason .... but otherwise, the homepacks are pretty cool !

Edited by Ne0

^^ :scratchchin: How'd you do all that?

Minimalistic Text.

@athek,

is that buzz launcher / homepack ?

Don't know about the launcher but the date / time / battery-in-form of bar-code is from Minimalistic Text.

Hey me thinking of buying it too. Did you compare it with the Klipsch S4A ?? I had one and returned it since the right bud stopped working.

The audio tech doesnt have a headset button . Or is there a model that has one?

Edit : Just found one that does , hopefully works on Android http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-CKM500ISRD--Ear-Headphones-Smartphone/dp/B00827LJ80/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1374474620&sr=1-9&keywords=ATH-CKM500

If you have a budget up-to ~$70, you should look at the following options,

Have a look, you might find something of interest in Joker's guide.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Edited by ALPHA17