The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rohit is one of the best batsmen in the country. Just too lazy to put all his talent to use... Not much difference between him and Ajinkya, except for temperament. He shouldn't have been dropped really. He has 2 hundreds in 6 Tests, and a fifty in overseas conditions when the rest of the batting collapsed.

2 centuries against amazing mighty West Indies.. :majesty:

Then 167 runs in 8 innings after that against NZ n SA with 2 ducks...

Such Record

Much Potential

Very talented

Wow...

In your dreams

What do you even know about cricket? He bats at no. 4 for Mumbai, after Rahane who's at 3. Their first class records are identical. 5000+ first class runs, averages of 60+

The class will eventually show. Happy to see him getting back to the team.

People comparing Ashwin's and Binny's batting to Rohit. What a joke.

blah blah blah

Athek..

Bro do u even know cricket ??

0 5 yo :devil:

What's wrong with all the people slagging Rohit? You guys have become so used to mediocrity that you can't recognise a quality player. Very soon people will do the same with Virat who is by far our best batsman.

Had Amla got support from anyone, it would have been a very less or no lead but still a great fightback. I think it will be a draw.

eand big pressure on Cook, poor guy is going through the worst time. Though, he has one big positive this time and that's Rohit Sharma. He will work as an ace for England.

Amla got good support from Steyn. Helped avert the follow on. The lower-middle order of de Kock and Duminy aren't doing well. Hopefully de Kock can find his feet in Test cricket or he may have to lose his place. There's still a lot of time left in the Test. Sri Lanka can set a huge target and give themselves enough time to bowl South Africa out. But then if there's any team who you can bet on to bat 4-5 sessions to save a Test, it's South Africa.

I expected Cook to get back to form in this series. Was playing well in the last match before he got out. Still 3 Tests left. Whatever he does I don't expect him to stay captain for long. He will do better if he just concentrates on his batting and lets Broad or Bell lead the team.

2 centuries against amazing mighty West Indies.. :majesty:

Then 167 runs in 8 innings after that against NZ n SA with 2 ducks...

Such Record

Much Potential

Very talented

Wow...

That's just 4 Tests. That includes a bad tour of South Africa. 3 bad innings, was looking good in the 4th innings. Had a much improved showing in New Zealand. Scored a very good fifty in the first game, played a part in saving the next Test. Then he gets dropped.

What's wrong with all the people slagging Rohit? You guys have become so used to mediocrity that you can't recognise a quality player. Very soon people will do the same with Virat who is by far our best batsman.

Amla got good support from Steyn. Helped avert the follow on. The lower-middle order of de Kock and Duminy aren't doing well. Hopefully de Kock can find his feet in Test cricket or he may have to lose his place. There's still a lot of time left in the Test. Sri Lanka can set a huge target and give themselves enough time to bowl South Africa out. But then if there's any team who you can bet on to bat 4-5 sessions to save a Test, it's South Africa.

I expected Cook to get back to form in this series. Was playing well in the last match before he got out. Still 3 Tests left. Whatever he does I don't expect him to stay captain for long. He will do better if he just concentrates on his batting and lets Broad or Bell lead the team.

But the likes of de Villiers, du plessis getting out twice in a match is very rare. So, draw is most likely the case.

South Africa have 3 of the best blockers in cricket - du Plessis, Amla and de Villiers. It is always great when they are made to bat 100-120 overs in the last innings because they always stand up to the challenge.

But the bowling team always has the advantage in these situations. It's about that one good session for them where they can pick 3-4 wickets. For the batsmen its about surviving every single session without too much damage.

F**k hotspots, have you guys seen any of the match? Its the worst place to play a cricket match. Dead pitches aside, their ground isn't well made at all. People who comes to see the match do everything but to watch the match. They are singing, dancing etc but the only thing they don't do is watch the match. Interestingly, people watch the match from outside of the stadium. Also, those annoying constant running of Bajas!

Rohit in fr Binny..

Pankaj fr unfit Ishant..

Should have played Varun fr Shami..

@ dante

Yes i see whn i'm free..

Its horrible..The odi series ppl had some horns blowing non stop..

I watch it in mute...

Whats the point of having DRS without hot spot ir snicko..

I thot mahela was not out...

Noway u can tell that a glove took a nick with naked eyes..

Dhoni has taken man to man replacements there. Ishwar Pandey for Bhuvi, Aaron for Shami and Pankaj for Ishant. One set of swing bowlers, one set of skiddy pacy bowlers and one set of extra bounce bowlers. Great thinking IMO.

Wtf there is no standardisation in the DRS. How do they expect us to accept such a half baked system?

It should be mandatory for the broadcasters to provide Hitspot and Snicko.

South Africa have been set a target of 368 runs. 4 sessions left. There's some rain but rain will only make batting more difficult.

They will play for the draw, and hence lose. Chickenshit team.

They will play for the draw, and hence lose. Chickenshit team.

Everybody would play for a draw in this situation. The only time they can think of going for the target is if they need 140-150 runs in the last session with lots of wickets left.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic