Import help for All Legal ways of getting Games

ORIGINAL THREAD BY BABYZELDA

Yo Sup?

Ok now I remember I was suppose to put up this guide almost a month back but have been way too busy with my work to even get online to play or get online to chat infact my bro (pferdestarke) who lives in Bombay has sort of been out of touch too due to me being a little occupied.

Anyways here's a few steps to you all to ensure you get all your games / consoles / accessories / CHIPS (YES CHIPS I ORDER DORITOS FROM THE US) lol

Firstly get this You have to try get everything by USPS in the USA or if you are buying from the UK it must come by royal Mail which atchually is then delivered to you by your local post office.

Now about USPS they have 3 methods

1. USPS EXPRESS ( Very Expensive and fully trackable)

2. USPS Priority ( Cheaper then EXPRESS and not fully trackable)

3. USPS Mail service (cheap and not worth it for consoles)

Now mostly avoid the EXPRESS service as honestly the items that you ask for by USPS PRIORITY pretty much come in the same time as in EXPRESS the only difference is EXPRESS is fully trackable one example of EXPRESS is below for my NINTENDO Wii

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetW...m=EB393527890US

And here is one for USPS Priority for my XBOX 360

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetW...m=CP087239834US

Now the thing is a lot of guys on ebay.com are quite honest at shipping and some are not so you will need to go through that but I will post a list of people I have bought consoles from and games from and guys who are honest.

Also Remember if you are ordering games just select the USPS Mail service because it pretty much arrives at your house in about 7 days I have ordered quite a few games from different sellers and all have always come to me monday to monday and so on but DO NOT USE THAT SERVICE FOR CONSOLES / HEAVY GOODS

Next,

Legally in India you are allowed to have duty free imports of anything which has a value of less then 10,000 INR but the safest way to do it is get it marked as a gift because in Mumbai it seems the guys are smart and they may harass you but if you have the brians just show the guy you know the rules and honestly you should be able to get your stuff legally.

Also request the seller to box pack it in another box so in that case mostly the items are safe and also not easily noticed by the custom guys if ever they go deep cause if its only the XBOX or PS3 box they will get noticed more

Lastly if you still cant get all this right let me know we can all setup a community to help each other to get games etc.

MY POINT IS STOP PAYING MORE TO THE GREY MARKET JERKS AND GET THINGS FOR WHAT THEY COST

Example a PLAYSTATION 3 can be yours for about 22K including shipping so dont go get ripped off as long as you have a Credit Card

Let me know if you guys need any more help with this

Bye

FOR THE ORIGINAL THREAD CONTAINING MORE INFO PLEASE CLICK HERE

• 2 weeks later...

my post from the old forums:

Few things you should know before you order online from these stores:

I have ordered from most of these sites and many more mom'n'pop sites that serve 'not-to-be-spoken-about' ware(z). Basically there's a risk factor involved with basic/regular shipping (i.e. airmail) that includes delays and long processing times for refunds/secondary dispatches. Expect to wait between 7-21 days from date of dispatch.

Priority mail/courier is way faster (takes about 2-5 days), includes tracking and hassle free insurance BUT almost always attracts custom duties @ 38%. BUT if the shipper can avoid attaching a commerical invoice (basically a bill) along with the shipment AND/OR write the words "FOR GIFT PURPOSE", you are almost guaranteed that it will slip by customs.

Another factor to bear in mind is the ship-out date -- some sites carry ready inventory and generally ship your order within 24hrs but others can take 7-15days to process order. If you add shipping times to this equation, you could end up waiting for 4weeks before your shipment arrives. That's a pretty long time to keep guessing whether your game(s) will make it safely or not.

The best option IMO for out-of-region/IMPORT console owners is to keep up with the region free lists and buy locally -- most PAL games in india carry a street price of 2100 bucks OR $45 -- that's pretty good. For region locked games you could ask someone (a friend/relative/etc) to buy and ship it for you (keeping in mind the special shipping considerations mentioned above)

V

i jus checked out de indian post,DHL,Blue Dart n UPS's websites

prices-

for my 3.5kg 360

Indi post-bout Rs.1200+600(insurance)

DHL n Blue Dart-bout Rs.5000

n UPS's site aint givin me da price

till now indi post seems to be da cheapest wid insurance too(of bout Rs.13k as my 360 was a NTSC US console($300) )

Hello,

I have purchased a Apple iPhone on ebay & the seller has shipped the phone through USPS Express Mail International on 19th Aug 2007 & he has sent it as a gift box....so when can i expect the phone to be delivered to my place.....???

it wont work..not even the music facility...

Get your facts cleared before talking rubbish. The phone can easily work with other networks. It just needs to be unlocked. There are a few methods through which this can be done. Either he can unlock the phone by himself using an open source free unlocker or take it some good cellphone store that will unlock it for him but will charge him.

Archived