Dark Souls

Shadoken

A LOT about dark souls 2 is going to be revealed on APRIL 11th by FROM software !!!

It has been confirmed that the game will be twice as big as dark souls......

""""TWICE AS BIG """" .....................omg..................... :pulpfiction:

Can't wait..... :samui:

Edited by ProblemSmoker

Bigger is not always better.

I would rather have it as focused and tightly designed as DaS rather than be an empty vacuous space thrown together like Skyrim. Even within DaS, Lost Izalith is HUGE compared to most other sections of the game. But its also the weakest because the level design and enemy encounter isnt up to the rest of the games standard. On the other hand Sens Fortress doesnt really occupy a lot of space but its one of the best areas of the game because its so well put together.

• Like 1

Bigger is not always better.

I would rather have it as focused and tightly designed as DaS rather than be an empty vacuous space thrown together like Skyrim. Even within DaS, Lost Izalith is HUGE compared to most other sections of the game. But its also the weakest because the level design and enemy encounter isnt up to the rest of the games standard. On the other hand Sens Fortress doesnt really occupy a lot of space but its one of the best areas of the game because its so well put together.

Hmmm....Point noted "your honor ".... :)

btw,i am bullish on DS2 !! Don't know why but i am ... ;)

@Problemsmoker : Dude, who said it is twice as big as DS? What is your source? Don't just imagine things and post BS here :doh:

Tomohiro Shibuya (New co-director of DS2) in his recent interview with EDGE revealed that :

Dark Souls II will be a direct sequel to Dark Souls, and it will take place in an open world of similar dimensions to its predecessor but more dense with content. The game will not take place in Lordran, yet Shibuya won’t disclose the name of the setting. “The name of the world will be key to the story,” he says. “We will reveal it eventually, but not in the first announcement. If Lordran was to be an area in a world called, say, Earth, the setting of this game will be somewhere completely different. The two places won’t necessarily interact directly with each other, but, from a visual concept [standpoint] at least, it will be within the same world.”

@Problemsmoker : Dude, who said it is twice as big as DS? What is your source? Don't just imagine things and post BS here :doh:

Tomohiro Shibuya (New co-director of DS2) in his recent interview with EDGE revealed that :

SOURCE::::

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-dark-souls-ii-details-outlined-edge-interview

The team states that they are about 25% done with this game that is

twice as large as its predecessor after development for over a year,

meaning development will most likely continue beyond 2013

I should have mentioned that the GAME is twice as big as dark souls rather than the game world being twice as big...!!!

Game world is roughly the same size,but game is twice as big....

Shabdoan ki hera pheri ho gayi sarkaar.... ;)

Ya, there is lot of difference between "Game" and "Game World". You said Game world in your post (which you just edited) and you were wrong.

And BTW we have DS2 thread where people discuss DS2 related news/rumors.

Edited by meaNmachine

damn new londo ruins, i got lost!! collected the sealing key from the red garbed mage and after that i just spent time trying to find a path ...no use. oh well youtube here i come (i hate doing this- removes the thrill of surprise!)

nevermind, found it and these new enemies are tough- tricky bastards skull face ,muscular and all in black and they use some black orb thing as a shield!! are they the dark wraiths?

"new londo was sacrificed to stop the dark wraiths"

Edited by pbpoovannagamer

i did not know the actual figure -PC version of Dark Souls sold 300,000 copies http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/11/dark-souls-director-pc-version-was-half-assed after 100,000 people (including me) petitioned for a PC version that's not a bad response at all.

Dark Souls has sold over 2.3 million units since its 2011 release

Dark Souls has sold 2,367,000 since its release in 2011, it was revealed during a conference in Japan.

According to a presentation headed by From Software’s executive
director, Eiichi Nakajima, approximately 692,000 units moved were the
Prepare To Die Edition.

Here’s the unit breakdown per Gpara and Livedoor which attended the event:

“Dark Souls (PS3) 375,000 units in Japan and overseas (PS3, Xbox
360) for a total of 1,300,000 and 1,675,000. Subsequently, 137,000 sold
foreign (360, PC PS3, Xbox) to sell a total of 692,000 of the 555,000
units, including the additional content Dark Souls: Artorias of the
Abyss edition (PS3, PC) 2,367,000 accumulated.”

While the game originally released on PS3 before moving to PC and
Xbox 360, the original was not released on 360 in Japan. From Software
said during the presentation Dark Souls 2 would be made available on
Xbox 360 at launch in Japan.

Via NeoGAF.

Edited by cat

haa :D the thrill of victory, new londo ruins completed and joined dark wraith covenant, made claymore +15, now i am wondering which direction to go in :scratchchin:

i saw this lift which goes down, inside a cave in dark root basin near the bonfire - didnt explore down there

That leads to the Valley of Drakes, which is a small optional area. Also accessible via New Londo ruins.

Have you been to the Duke's Archives yet ? Past the second set of Giant Knights on entering Anor Londo..

That leads to the Valley of Drakes, which is a small optional area. Also accessible via New Londo ruins.

Have you been to the Duke's Archives yet ? Past the second set of Giant Knights on entering Anor Londo..

valley of drakes was so small i was disappointed, yet to go to duke's archives. i want to improve flame weapons so hunting for the flame ember in demon ruins.

@afty and @tyler- have u guys been able to defeat all the taurus demons in demon ruins all in one go without falling back and picking them off individually ?

i tried to rush in and bash all the taurus demons cause i thought "hey i am a lvl 77 hero and nothing can touch me with my +14 zweihander", managed to kill 2 of them before the others killed me :cry: !! so i resorted to the old and cautious way of picking them off individually. 2 shots and they were dead.