Destiny: The Taken King

PS Fan

Lmao at the metascore , the beta did get repetitive after a while but I thought it was just a beta thing and the full version will have much more variety.

Wasnt this hyped to win GOTY this year , seemed like the only game which can since Titanfall and Watch dogs arent all that great. DS2 is good but its nothing compared to the original. Gonna be hilarious if a Wii U game wins this year :rofl: . Bayo 2 , Mario Kart or Smash.

Looks like Bungie is no ND.

6/10 from GAMESPOT

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/destiny-review/1900-6415863/

THE GOOD

Excellent fundamentals make it a joy to handle a gun

Fantastic vistas and magnificent soundtrack

Intricate competitive maps with clever touches

THE BAD

Repetitive missions containing repetitive encounters

Abysmal storytelling that makes you unlock and seek out basic plot elements

Endgame has you grinding the same bullet-sponge bosses over and over again

They shouldn't have marketed it as a big ever evolving mmo title when in reality the game is shallow as f**k (that's what the reviews and my experience with the beta say) . It's basically Bl shoot and loot minus all the humour/variety and 10times the repetitiveness.

Even BL1 was way more fun than its Co op. Pvp in the beta was nothing special either, screamed resistance 3. Small games in resistance 2 MP (not 64p) were inspired by halo MP though. But this games MP is so much like r3 Dunno why I can't a

see anyone comparing them. Maybe not many have played r3 MP. This has more vertical shootouts thank r3 pvp though.

forget that it's a bungie game. When was the last time a AAA game got 6s from all the big sites :panic:

And frankly had I not played the beta I would have thought that acti somehow pissed off all the review sites, but I can really see and understand what they are talking about. Beta was 6/10 tops as well for me, would have been 8 had I been never played a BL/Resistance game before.

lol, wasn't expecting much from this game from the boring previews but still thought this would get about 7.5-8 simply because of Bungie's rep, but it's getting 6 all round :lol:

Got to be one of the biggest bombs of recent years considering the studio behind it n the hype?

forget that it's a bungie game. When was the last time a AAA game got 6s from all the big sites :panic:

RYSE? Gyo3Y2v.gif

Don't worry, IGN will take Activi$ion bite and give 8-9/10.

_

Here's why 'Destiny' didn't actually make $500 million In 24 hours

(just like Call of Duty: Ghosts" made $1 billion in 24 hours)

Gyo3Y2v.gifGyo3Y2v.gif

The SP gameplay is lot like Halo. Do the same stuff over and over again. Its missing a cohesive story which Halo had. And the MMO aspect has forced grinding which has killed the Story missions completely. Its just a boring grind.

Only saving graces are decent gunplay, gorgeous vistas and awesome music.

I am personally very happy that game is failing critically. Else we would have had a bunch of future games forcing online just for the heck of it. I was kicked out from the missions twice yesterday, its not fun at all. Now I hope Crew and Division get destroyed in metacritic and the devs trying to implement M$'s console DRM stealthily stop trying.

I was kicked out from the missions twice yesterday, its not fun at all. Now I hope Crew and Division get destroyed in metacritic and the devs trying to implement M$'s console DRM stealthily stop trying.

Will be funny to see Ubilol servers on day 1. Gyo3Y2v.gif

And frankly had I not played the beta I would have thought that acti somehow pissed off all the review sites, but I can really see and understand what they are talking about. Beta was 6/10 tops as well for me, would have been 8 had I been never played a BL/Resistance game before.

RE6 and last CoD also got lower ratings IMO.

I am personally very happy that game is failing critically. Else we would have had a bunch of future games forcing online just for the heck of it. I was kicked out from the missions twice yesterday, its not fun at all. Now I hope Crew and Division get destroyed in metacritic and the devs trying to implement M$'s console DRM stealthily stop trying.

I'm all for no always online DRM, but after rampant cheating and hacking in console version of Diablo 3, I'm kinda glad it has that restriction. D3 is practically ruined for someone playing end game stuff.

Man the reviews are f**king brutal. The game always looked bland and dull as hell but I thought that between the marketing budget and the hype it would at least ride out on 8s across the board.

6s from most major publications has to be gutting.

It's coming out for PC. http://www.breathecast.com/articles/destiny-pc-release-date-bungie-and-activision-via-steam-on-march-2015-17324/

Played the beta I don't understand what's good about this game . It's like warfare , during missions not much to do ,and story can completed within 20 hours .(don't know how accurate that article is )

Archived