Forza Horizon 2

WhiteWolf

A Forza fan should not point finger and laugh at the car count of other racing games, that'd be like the epitome of irony :lol:

Btw any new cars or are they copy-pasting from bigbro Forza again?

A Forza fan should not point finger and laugh at the car count of other racing games, that'd be like the epitome of irony :lol:

What?

Forza 3 and 4 both had over 500 cars.....Even dumbed-down and rushed Forza 5 had around 200 cars

Btw any new cars or are they copy-pasting from bigbro Forza again?

Horizon 2 is using Forza 5 engine, so it will definitely use Forza 5 car models plus some new models....Forza 4 used Forza 3 car models with updated graphics and Forza 3 used Forza 2 car models with updated graphics :P .

PG games are also using FM5 physics engine...

Cars in GT 6 are also copy paste from GT5 and old GT games from PS2 era

here from Eurogamer

Polyphony's Gran Turismo 6 recently had its car and track-list confirmed, with some 39 circuits and 1197 vehicles featuring - but it's worth noting that a bulk of that content has been ported over from versions of Gran Turismo that stretch as far back as its PlayStation 2 days.

Everything was built from scratch in FM5 nothing was ported over from 360 Forza games

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/13/forza-5-developer-not-going-to-port-over-garbage-for-next-gen

Tracks were reconstructed from scratch, which took at least nine months per course. “Some things were actually in a bad state,” Greenawalt explained. “Our Nürburgring was wildly inaccurate, embarrassingly so. And so that one absolutely had to be thrown out. But the Nürburgring is of course a very important track. So for a track like that to come back, it has to be done right. We’re not going to bring over last-gen stuff, that’s just not good enough for our fans. I believe I owe it to them to give them a next-gen experience.”

The same goes for Forza’s vehicles, which have a strong reputation for achieving an impressive realism. “Cars had to be rebuilt to next-gen spec, we’re not going to port over garbage.”

lol I dunno what Gran Turismo or Driveclub has anything to do with it, but carry on.

And yeah 200 cars and wrong Nurburgring track (which was same as FM4) is still embarrassing for a sim racer. No one asked them rush it for launch and dumb it down, its not like the game is bundled free with the console. They still charged 60 bones for it with crazy microtransaction to boot.

And yeah 200 cars and wrong Nurburgring track (which was same as FM4) is still embarrassing for a sim racer. its not like the game is bundled free with the console.

That's why they removed it from FM5

Tracks were reconstructed from scratch, which took at least nine months per course. “Some things were actually in a bad state,” Greenawalt explained. “Our Nürburgring was wildly inaccurate, embarrassingly so. And so that one absolutely had to be thrown out. But the Nürburgring is of course a very important track. So for a track like that to come back, it has to be done right.

T10 team is quite talented..Iam 100% sure they will fix all the issues and give us a proper Forza game next year :P If Forza 6 is same as Forza 5 then Forza is dead for me..I will just play Horizon games then :(

They still charged 60 bones for it with crazy microtransaction to boot.

FM4 and Horizon both had microtransaction but you still liked them right? :P

No one asked them rush it for launch and dumb it down,

Pretty sure MS forced them to release it...MS wanted a Forza for launch to compete with DC but Sony delayed it to next year..lol

Because I'm getting DriveClub for free (will upgrade later if its any good) and I already got a million credits free with my copy of GT6 (still haven't used them though). FM4 also had MT but no one was bothered because it didn't conflict with the design of the game. When you have to grind for some 20-30 hrs to get one car that you can also buy for more than the cost of the game, there's a big problem. I don't think DC will charge 65$ for one car and then defend it later saying its rare collector's car so you should feel special :lol:

CC

What you have to say about micro transaction in GT6 and Drive Club? How come you are not bashing DC for having microtransaction in the game ? :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-12-driveclub-micro-transactions-will-let-you-quickly-unlock-cars

I don't think there is anything wtong microtransactions as long as they are implemented nicely and don't get in yourway of progression.

From what i read, they were implemented very badly in fm5 and one had to grind a lot to get a car.

From what i read, they were implemented very badly in fm5 and one had to grind a lot to get a car

When you have to grind for some 20-30 hrs to get one car that you can also buy for more than the cost of the game, there's a big problem. :lol:

Yes, that was a issue but they fixed it with a patch....Patch fixed FM5's economy, also added tons of extra features and some free tracks :D

here

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/28/5558828/forza-5-update-economy-add-dlc-cars-to-garage-free-rental-cars

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/forza-5-economy-patch-incoming-as-early-as-next-week-slashes-car-prices-by-45-percent/1100-6416714/

I think Horizon 2 will also have microtransaction

Everything was built from scratch in FM5 nothing was ported over from 360 Forza game

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/13/forza-5-developer-not-going-to-port-over-garbage-for-next-gen

The cars were. Reworked and upscaled, but they used Forza 4 models.

I doubt they would have done any of that if not for the backlash. Dan Greenwalt himself was shocked that the game got such a negative reaction for its lack of content and microtransactions.

Just like DC sounds like a PGR ripoff.. :lol: Let's see if it scores higher than PGR games or not... :P

And we all know how good TDU 2 was on 360 compared to Horizon...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/test-drive-unlimited-2

:rofl:

Also, i think TDU 2 was not 1280x 720p on 360 like FH1 ..It was Sub-hd on 360

DC on PS4 can't handle dynamic weather and time whereas GT6, a lastgen game on PS3 can :rofl:

And those who don't know GT6 is 1080p60fps on PS3 - @ PD :majesty: Can't wait for GT7 on PS4 :panic:

Your gaming knowledge is.based on metacritic and reviews only :rofl:

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

What?

Cars in GT 6 are also copy paste from GT5 and old GT games from PS2 era

here from Eurogamer

Everything was built from scratch in FM5 nothing was ported over from 360 Forza games

Actually, It would be really stupid to start the models from scratch (unless they are really shitty). It is much easier and practical to add on to and refine existing models.

Archived