Cliff Blezenski departs Epic Games.

Cliff Bleszinski, design director known for his creative work on the Gears of War and Unreal Tournament, has departed Epic Games. In an EpicGames.com blog post, Bleszinski seems to hint he may be leaving the industry outright.

"I’ve been doing this since I was a teenager, and outside of my sabbatical last year, I have been going non-stop. I literally grew up in this business," Bleszinski said. "And now that I’m grown up, it’s time for a much needed break. I will miss the projects, the playtests, the debates, and most importantly, the people."

Epic Games stated, "During the past two decades, Cliff has helped shape many successful games that have captured the imaginations of millions of players around the world. We are grateful for his influence on Epic’s legacy, from the wild adventures “Jazz Jackrabbit” to the visceral combat of “Gears of War.”"

Bleszinski joins the growing list of Epic departures. Earlier this year, Epic Games' subsidiary People Can Fly saw creative top-bosses depart the company as well. Following that, Epic's director of production Rod Fergusson left Epic to work on BioShock Infinite.

Bleszinski ranked 40 on IGN's Top 100 Game Creators of All Time.

source

:panic:

Gears series bhi khatam.... dheerey dherey mere saarey Fav..franchise khatam ho rahein..... :cry:

So many top tier people have left Epic games in the past 2-3 months ..

it's all coz of that Idiot Mark rein...who is more interested in making casual games for IOS devices....

My guess is that he will be forming a company with People Can Fly guys. I hope they dont go on and create Mobile only games.

i thought PCF was a part/partly owned by Epic itself?

On that note; i are wantz a new Painkiller game (just like the old ones ofc) :fear:

Archived