Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Karooo

CallofJuarezthecartel.jpg

Developer: Techland

Publisher: Ubisoft

Platform: PS3,360,PC

Release: Q3 2011

A new installment for the Call of Juarez series has been announced today by Ubisoft, marking the third game in this western franchise for PS3, 360 and PC.

Call of Juarez: The Cartel is set to take place in present day, which is a departure from the previous games which focused of the American Civil War era, and shortly after. It should be interesting to see how the wild west setting mixes with present day technology. Not many details have been revealed about the upcoming first-person-shooter title, but the game will take players from “the heart of modern day Los Angeles, California to Juarez, Mexico”.

Adam Novickas, director of marketing at Ubisoft said:

Call of Juarez: The Cartel is an action-packed shooter game with a strong story, interesting characters and a wide variety of gameplay options.

The game will bring the best elements of the Wild West into modern times with a very gritty and relevant plot.

Image00001.jpg

Image00004.jpg

At first I was like - :wOOtjumpy:

But then I read -

Now I am like - :suicide:

seconded. why do they have to soil the iconic wild west image :( am yet to play the previous one but have only heard good things about that. this game, with the second pic of that broad with shades :puke:

At first I was like <_<

But then I read this:

The Cartel is set to take place in present day, which is a departure from the previous games which focused of the American Civil War era, and shortly after

Then I was like: :coolspeak:

I was sick of firing those lame old American Civil war guns in all the westerns I have played (RDR, CoJ 1 and 2, Gun). Total Overdose had some modern guns but was too goofy. Now finally some modern weapons in a western. I know western genre doesn't fit in today's world, but lets see what they can do.

Anyone wants zombies in it, maybe via DLC? The Walking Dead anyone?

At first I was like <_<

But then I read this:

I was sick of firing those lame old American Civil war guns in all the westerns I have played (RDR, CoJ 1 and 2, Gun). Total Overdose had some modern guns but was too goofy. Now finally some modern weapons in a western. I know western genre doesn't fit in today's world, but lets see what they can do.

respect the history son

At first I was like <_<

But then I read this:

ROFL. Seriously? You got sick of old guns and the west in a grand total of 4 game spread across 8 years. But the modern setting with modern weapons is new and fascinating?

^Read again. I got sick of Western with old guns. Think about this, 4 Western games with old games=100% of Western Games have old guns.

Now, 0% Western have Modern Settings, so its new.

But the modern setting with modern weapons is new and fascinating?

Yes, NEW because its NEVER been done before. And hence it can/will/may be fascinating.

Umm by the same logic all modern games have modern guns = 100% of modern games have modern guns?

You do realize that its just gonna be another modern day third person/First person shooter where the main character dresses like he is a cowboy and talks in a Texas accent? I mean thats the extent of their "western theme".

Archived