Speakers for PS3

silentassassin

I want to connect 5.1 speakers to my PS3..

Hoping the same setup will work with PS4 also..

I already have 5.1 speakers which i use for PC , planning to connect the same to PS3..

I searched for rca analog to optical audio converters , but there are so many of them i got confused..

I'm a complete noob..I dont want any fancy set up..

Just need to connect my existing 5.1 speakers to my PS3 or my tv which has optical out..

Can i buy any 5.1 / 7.1 speakers with optical out ?

I want to connect 5.1 speakers to my PS3..

Hoping the same setup will work with PS4 also..

I already have 5.1 speakers which i use for PC , planning to connect the same to PS3..

I searched for rca analog to optical audio converters , but there are so many of them i got confused..

I'm a complete noob..I dont want any fancy set up..

Just need to connect my existing 5.1 speakers to my PS3 or my tv which has optical out..

Can i buy any 5.1 / 7.1 speakers with optical out ?

Does your existing speaker support optical in?? if yes then you can go ahead and connect it with PS3 . You will just need optical cable.

If you are planning to buy new speakers with optical out ..you can still go ahead but you have to see how good those speakers are and if they can produce dolby digital hd, true hd etc kind of sound formats . Basically PS3 does it inbuilt but speakers has to be good too to justify that level of sound your ps3 will give.

Can't you just connect the speakers to a 3.5 mm jack? Does your tv have one? Even I have a 5.1 setup. All the speakers are connected to an amp and from the amp I have connected it to a 3.5 mm jack on my monitor....

Sent from my Nexus 4

But a 3.5 mm jack outputs in stereo so a 5.1 systems purpose would be defeated here as there will be no directional audio.

Can't you just connect the speakers to a 3.5 mm jack? Does your tv have one? Even I have a 5.1 setup. All the speakers are connected to an amp and from the amp I have connected it to a 3.5 mm jack on my monitor....

Sent from my Nexus 4

Does your existing speaker support optical in?? if yes then you can go ahead and connect it with PS3 . You will just need optical cable.

If you are planning to buy new speakers with optical out ..you can still go ahead but you have to see how good those speakers are and if they can produce dolby digital hd, true hd etc kind of sound formats . Basically PS3 does it inbuilt but speakers has to be good too to justify that level of sound your ps3 will give.

No..

My speakers does'nt have optical in :(

Okay this should resolve your issue. Just connect the speakers 3.mm cord to the female 3.5 mm thing and connect av cable from your ps3 to the red and white ones....IF you using HDMI to play on PS3 . Just go to settings and change the audio output to Av .

So what would happen is game video will play through HDMI and game Output will play through AV which is then connected to your speaker. I use similar setup when i do not use my other speaker which needs to set up properly .

large_61_p4196a.jpg

Okay this should resolve your issue. Just connect the speakers 3.mm cord to the female 3.5 mm thing and connect av cable from your ps3 to the red and white ones....IF you using HDMI to play on PS3 . Just go to settings and change the audio output to Av .

So what would happen is game video will play through HDMI and game Output will play through AV which is then connected to your speaker. I use similar setup when i do not use my other speaker which needs to set up properly .

large_61_p4196a.jpg

This option i know..

But this will only give stereo right ? n not surround..

Is there any such cable or converter which i can use to connect 5.1 speakers ?

No man you'll get emulated 5.1 via dolby prologic only if your speakers have that and if you're source is stereo.

Your only option would be optical for true surround.

Sorry just read that your speakers don't have optical in so you'll have to stick with emulated surround

No man you'll get emulated 5.1 via dolby prologic only if your speakers have that and if you're source is stereo.

Your only option would be optical for true surround.

Sorry just read that your speakers don't have optical in so you'll have to stick with emulated surround

So there is no way i can connect existing 5.1 speakers to PS3 ?

I'm be buying a PS4 soon , so that rca female to 3.5 mm jack converter thing wont work on PS4..

So was looking if there was any converter to connect 5.1 speakers through optical in..

Can you suggest speakers which have optical in ?

Something like this might work but I'm on my phone so cannot check very well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AMC2J1Y?pc_redir=1412917938&robot_redir=1

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B0057UNPVO/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/279-7738080-2196250

Too expensive..

Can buy new set of speakers instead of this lol..

Archived