Homepage Customization - Need Help

TNB

I am looking for some help over customizing the homepage of another forum. Not a competitor, it is basically a soccer forum (SoccerShouts) which has soccer videos and all posted over there. I have recently started writing articles along with a few people and want to customize the homepage. There is not much the admin over there who doesn't know how to code could work upon. I am looking for something like the IVG homepage feel.

Can one of the admins or moderators help me with this?

URL - http://www.soccershouts.com/index.html

PS - Didn't really know where to post it so I thought I'll post it here only. Moderators please move it to the correct location (Apologies)

The board runs on IPB, and so does yours. I believe IVG is using a little modified version of Elegant theme by IPSFocus.

However, the homepage indianvideogamer.com runs on custom tailored skin for wordpress.

You can look for some nice themes on Themeforest or similar sites. Make subdomain and move the forum to /forums and keep soccershouts as main portal.

The content seems to be nice. However, it is cluttered. For forum, the skin is too bright. Try some blue or red color with white.

Further, you can customize buttons and whatnot. Maybe add small banner during UEFA days.

Cheers!

Thanks. I thought you guys had customized the skin and were using a free version. I'll have to see whether I can afford to pay out for the skin right now.

Thanks for the help

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. I thought you guys had customized the skin and were using a free version. I'll have to see whether I can afford to pay out for the skin right now.

Thanks for the help

Cheers!

Before paying for a skin, make sure it scales and works well on mobile devices and screens with lower resolutions (like tablets, netbooks).

If there are some minor html/css changes you want to do, you could PM me. But redesigning the entire style might take a lot of time.

Regardless, using themes is the preferred way since they're tried and tested.

Cheers!

Before paying for a skin, make sure it scales and works well on mobile devices and screens with lower resolutions (like tablets, netbooks).

If there are some minor html/css changes you want to do, you could PM me. But redesigning the entire style might take a lot of time.

Regardless, using themes is the preferred way since they're tried and tested.

Cheers!

Thanks for the update and the offering for help. Will let you know if I need help in it.

Archived