The Nintendo 3DS thread

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OOT looks pretty :wub: But aside from the nostalgia value who would buy it? It's like all those people buying FF7,8,9 on PSN.

LOL. So wrong gramps. FFwhatever on PSN is a totally different thing than a retail release. Look at how well SM64 and Mario Kart sold on the Nintendo DS. Even with the initial small userbase it will sell a lot.

Ok this is for people like me who thought 3DS is limited only to 2GB

The press didn't report this last night

Iwata confirms that the 3DS shop will be a combination of the Wii shop channel and Nintendo channel

And that 3DSware can be stored on the 2GB SD card that comes with the system and you can buy bigger SD cards if you like to store them there

Ok, one of my big fears for the 3DS is alleviated. I'm very please. I'm going to keep watching the video in english to see what else the press missed

SOURCE

Also 3DS online service will sell Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Classic Games in 3D, DSiWare, and 3DS (ware?) titles. Confirmed titles so far include Super Mario Land and Link's Awakening DX.

2D Mario in 3D. Mind blown. :lol:

I have an question: How much are the 3DS games,gonna cost? It should be around the price of DS games.

Anyone owning a DS any idea? :unsure:

Just looked up the prices at intencity its pricey,very pricey :samui:

Sometimes more than a ps3 game :O

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3DS carts hold a massive 8GB of data

The solid-state storage carts for the Nintendo 3DS are able to hold almost as much data as the dual-layer DVD discs used by Xbox 360.

That's according to a rumour from Taiwanese site Gamrade, who reports that Nintendo's Taiwan-based solid-state memory manufacturer, Macronix, is pumping out the slim cartridges capable of holding 8GB of data - more than used by most Xbox 360 games and almost as much as the 8.5-8.7GB of storage provided by dual-layer DVD discs.

The previously reported 2GB limit for 3DS games is, therefore, a limit enforced by Nintendo bosses, according to the report. It also says 1GB is the lowest limit, although we're skeptical that Nintendo would enforce a minimum storage limit on games.

2GB is four times the storage of the current DS' 512MB carts, and equal to the storage capacity of the PSP's UMD discs, so there's ample space.

It has been suggested that developing a 3DS game might cost between $600,000 and $1.8 million - up to three times that of a current DS game - although the price obviously varies based on content.

:scratchchin:

I have an question: How much are the 3DS games,gonna cost? It should be around the price of DS games.

Anyone owning a DS any idea? :unsure:

Just looked up the prices at intencity its pricey,very pricey :samui:

Sometimes more than a ps3 game :O

Some games r costlier than Xbox 360 and PS3 ones.

Around 2.5k

Something called piracy :fear: :fear:

Man, I hope it doesn't cost us too much more than Rs 10,000.

Nintendo Wii which costs around 230$ in US costs around 18k in India.So if the 3DS is placed somewhere near to that price in US..expect it to be around 15-20k here in India :(

Archived