The Most Hated Game

^^ for a story, yes, it might make sense, but for a game I didn't exactly like that approach.... It might be based on some novel and all that, but when you adapt it to a game, I would prefer if it has an enjoyable gameplay than sticking true to source material !

It is a valid game-play mechanic. No matter which way you bend it. It is fair and keeps the tension up apart from staying true to the source material.

And about enjoyable game-play, people find Dark Souls enjoyable. Does not mean that everyone has to like that game.

Paying by bullets to buy upgrades n stuff is a brilliant idea, too bad the actual stealth mechanic and AI sucks donkey balls. I wish something like this was in Splinter Cell so people who finish levels without firing a bullet would get higher rewards.

I didn't like the companions talking continuously during the missions in that game. Dont like their ascent also. Too much dialogues on radio is also annoying, absolutely hate radio static noises. That doesn't suit the tone if the game at all. Dystopian and apocalyptic settings should be as silent as possible. Like half life or dark souls..

Dont like their ascent also.

There was no accent in the game.

Also, I actually like the time there is an AI companion around you, especially, Khan. The METRO games would be poorer if he was not adapted in some form.

The kind of game where humanity chose apocalypse as the solution to world problems and any paper / plastic currency that survived would be rather meaningless with no bank system or organised economy to support it.

I think this is one of the strongest tenants of the title.

Never played any Metro game but what you said definitely puts it on my list.

Their accent is Russian accent, right?

Dude, there is no English localised voice acting. Whatever was done, was done by the Russian's. Even the English dubbing.

Play it with Russian and English sub-titles.

People hating on MP3 ? :lol:

It definitely had the feel of previous MP3 games and the story was engaging as well. Brazil was fun, especially the stadium mission. It was definitely on par with MP1 and MP2.

Most hated game ? Um, I hated LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth 2 (as far as I remember that was the name) on Xbox 360. I had just got the next gen console (in 2006) and was so excited to play this game but man, it was terrible ! The frame rate was so bad that it felt like I am watching a powerpoint presentation slideshow of the battle. Definitely a big disappointment as I was like a kid who was crazy about LOTR that time.

On the topic of Metro - I really like the bullets as currency idea. Have to agree with CC on the topic of stealth though. They could have done it better.

I didn't mind the accents. The game is set in Russia, so why wouldn't you have Russian accents? It would have been a facepalm moment if they had some other accent. (Altair in AC1 :lol:)

Well, I never got to play metro for some reasons it was always in the latter parts of my long PC backlogs. Now gonna get redux version on PS4. Saw the gameplay videos and the game looks stunning to say the least and they have added the option to play metro1 in metro 2's way.

Archived