The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

Damn!!

My Yamaha FZ-s rear tyre got badly punctured today.

Somehow got a mechanic, after analyzing it we found that the nail has bent in L shape and punctured the side too.

Only option he said was to make it a tube tyre and in desperation I just did what he told.

Now it's there a major disadvantage of that.

What should I do.. Should I buy a new tyre.

How much will the stock rear tyre cost and from where can I get it in Bangalore??

_________________________________Typed with one finger on a sheet of glass

It will cost between 3k-3.5k

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

They might buy it, and ya service centre should have spare tyres too, but would be exp.

Since when the service centres start selling tyres O.o

Where did u check?

Internet :P

You were correct. I called up a dealer ..he said it'll be around 3.0 to 3.1k in CMH Road.

He won't buy the used one though. :(

Two days back I was driving on Whitefield road behind a bus, with a biker with his daughter as his pillion driving on my left. Ahead a bus stop approached, and the bus moved to the left lane. I was still on the right, and waiting to pass.
Now the biker did a classic biker move, and tried to squeeze between the bus which was changing lanes, and me as I was trying to pass.
I gave a persistent honk and honked further as he didnt move and was determined to pass the bus before me. I slowed down, and let him pass. Then i let him pass and showed an action to scold him. Mind you, I didn't use words, my windows were closed, and I did not use any certain finger to show my displeasure. I scolded him only because he put his daughter's life at risk with this stunt.
So I go along, he comes faster than me, and holds the speed next to my car and try to get my attention. When I didnt look at him he goes faster than me, and blocks my lane and makes me stop.
I am determined to avoid conflict for a reason which is his fault totally, and for just a scolding action which i gave him. The worst part is, the daughter is also scolding me. She's hardly 10 years old. He parks the bike in front of my car, and gets down and comes towards my car. I see a space between the bike and the median, and I take it and drive off. As I drive off he hits my car twice with his helmet. I didn't stop. Call me cowardly, but after my previous incidents, I am not talking to anyone getting down from my car. Needless to say, it was irritating, and it was mindless. Of me to scold him, and of him to put his daughter's life at risk, and try to confront me. Hope I never see him ever again.

you did the right thing. it may seem cowardly but it is better to be safe than sorry in such trivial matters. you might (or not.. i dunno) have been able to sock him in a physical altercation but there could have been other tangential incidents, theft from you unattended car or public gathering and support (biker with a daughter vs car) for the other guy or anything. Not asking you to not stand your ground but one should pick and choose his fights.

On a more curious note, how did you scold him without words or flipping off the bird ? what did you do, an eye brow dance like so..

zach_eyebrows.gif

Just a gesture with my palm :P

And yeah, that was the main thing on my mind. Daughter with father, vs a lone driver in a car. I'll never get to hear the end of it from the crowd which will gather.

Edited by Captain Fantastic

You did the right thing, considering that the guy was with his daughter.

Had it been me, and the biker guy alone ( and he would have damaged my car), i would have probably given him a slight bump from the car and put him off the road.

^^ Budget and preference, people traveeling, city or highway usage. Prefer a well known brand or service centers dictate the purchase?

@Bharat: With all the cases of road-rage I'm pretty happy to be called a coward and go ahead unscatched

U did the right thing!! people like these cause accidents.. And then the bigger vehicle is held responsible for.. have u guys seen the bike accident with the bmw 7 series?? the press got its matter for 2 days that bmw hit and run sh*t as they always do, but if u look at the cctv both the parties are at fault with bmw speeding at 120-140 and biker not caring to look whats coming and taking a blind turn... these things really piss me off!!!

We have to buy a car next month or at max next to next month. Waitinf for ford ecosport to come. Then would decide among it, duster and honda city.

Any suggestion guys?

Eco sport is not good looking :fear: its just a box imo.. if petrol is not a problem then it has to be city no point comparing with the other two..

We have to buy a car next month or at max next to next month. Waitinf for ford ecosport to come. Then would decide among it, duster and honda city.

Any suggestion guys?

What is your criteria? city, or highway driving, how many km per month, do you drive fast, safety vs mileage priority?