The Android Thread

pArth

I meant more liberal in handing them out :P not lesser .

Come up with some examples of posts where you feel a temp ban was warranted but not given. That'll beef up your case. And move this to the suggestions thread, enough OT or your warning points increase.

Come up with some examples of posts where you feel a temp ban was warranted but not given. That'll beef up your case. And move this to the suggestions thread, enough OT or your warning points increase.

:fear: I can't do that man , it will look like I have a vendetta against some people then .

Guys, Just received email from FK that my order has been shipped. Best news i got for days. I had raised a special request with them for early dispatch as the mentioned delivery date of 1 june i wont be in town. Has anyone else who booked around 22 may got their phone shipped?

Need some urgent help now as i am expecting the phone by day after tomorrow.

1.-Need a cover for Nexus 4. Suggest me some good one.

2.- I am using BB torch 2 right now. How can i transfer all my contacts, pics and videos to the new phone?

3.- Using an android mobile for the first time. Need advice on what apps to download and from where.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

congrats mate, saw the phone today as well, looks great. felt very zappy. forgot to test the camera.

42,800 what he was offering, i will wait few more weeks and then get it for 39k around.

can someone please explain to me in plain language, ie non 'specific tech' english the whole deal with 4 mp camera of htc one ? i read the word Ultra pixel too.

A nice explanation here (HTC website) and here (somebody's blog).

It's basically

When a camera takes a photograph, its sensor groups millions of pixels together to form an image. An ultrapixel doesn't try to raise the pixel count; it tries to raise the size of individual pixels. The HTC One camera sensor benefits by having larger pixel sizes that capture more light and information - as much as three times more, according to HTC - than the typical smartphone. Because capturing ample amounts of light is a crucial element of taking good photographs, an ultrapixel is supposedly better-equipped to handle low-light conditions and produce higher-quality photos.

page_utltrapixel-comparison.jpg

Ultrapixel comparison - image credit to HTC

The concept of the ultrapixel is that by introducing more light into a single pixel, cameras are able to pick up more detail, better color, and produce a higher-quality photograph. In theory, having a 2.0 micrometer ultrapixel absorbs more light than the 1.4 micrometer pixel in most smartphones, so more light should increase the chances of a good image. The old approach of stacking as many megapixels as possible really just fragments the image sensor and allows each pixel to capture less light, which leads to distortion and lower-quality images. HTC decided to utilize a better quality sensor and invent the "ultrapixels" branding measurement as a way of breaking the megapixel mindset that makes people believe 8 megapixels are automatically better than 4.

hmmm.. thanks, when i first saw htc one's camera specified as 4.0 mp i thought someone had missed typing 1 before 4 :P

so what i understand here is that htc one takes good pictures, better than s4, Z or i5 in low or non sunlight areas, such as indoors, normally lightened rooms, right ? it comes up short in proper, full light places on the flip side then ?

if so then it makes sense, people who are passionate about photography as to fiddle with light and perspective are likely to use proper cameras and phone shots are generally used to click candid images.

hmmm.. thanks, when i first saw htc one's camera specified as 4.0 mp i thought someone had missed typing 1 before 4 :P

so what i understand here is that htc one takes good pictures, better than s4, Z or i5 in low or non sunlight areas, such as indoors, normally lightened rooms, right ? it comes up short in proper, full light places on the flip side then ?

if so then it makes sense, people who are passionate about photography as to fiddle with light and perspective are likely to use proper cameras and phone shots are generally used to click candid images.

Haha... Yup. The One takes very good pics in low light areas, and takes decent pics in daylight. The pics just don't look good (at least from what I've read) if you blow up the pics and print them on an sheets bigger than A4, or if you zoom into the pics. The S4 takes 13MP pics, so you have the flexibility of zooming a little bit after taking the pic without losing too much details.